Options

Sales Tax Report - NOT working

SecondLife_EVBatterySecondLife_EVBattery Member Posts: 1

My 'Sales Tax Report' is reporting ZERO in "Purchases Subject to Tax" and i know i do have tax in my purchases in the time period selected. I have just gone VAT registered and need this information. I have never needed to run this report before now.

Please can someone in support respond. i have tried to raise a support ticket but i hear nothing back. Support does not seem like it once was at moment.

Really hope you can help

Regards

Paul

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @SecondLife_EVBattery

It sounds like the sales tax you created was non-recoverable. You may need to create a new, recoverable sales tax so that it populates correctly in your Sales Tax report! See below for directions on how to do this.

1) Head to Settings > Sales Taxes > Create a Sales Tax and make a new recoverable sales tax with a unique name, different from the old non-recoverable tax.

2) Head over to Accounting > Transactions > Filter > Select the old sales tax account > Use the select all with the old non-recoverable tax on them. Click 'Edit' at the top of the transaction table. Under 'Change', choose tax. Under 'To', choose your newly made tax. Ensure that any invoices and bills are also updated to the new tax.

3) Once all transactions have the new tax applied, you should be able to delete the old non-recoverable tax (if you so wish) in Settings > Sales Taxes > click the trash can icon to the right of the tax you want to delete.

You will then be able to generate a sales tax report with recoverable tax showing up!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further clarification.

This article has more info and some good visuals if you need further assistance.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004972006-Adding-sales-taxes-

• Options
    SimoSimo Member Posts: 1

Thank you - this was very helpful advice to get my Sales tax report working.
    It's a shame that you can't bulk change the applicable tax from any invoices you've already created though. I had to do this one at a time by deleting the old non-recoverable tax code and then adding the new (recoverable) GST tax code to each invoice that was affected.