Missing Products and Services

_Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

I was in the products and services page of the website today, when I created a new product and clicked "save". When the page refreshed I now only see two products 1 of the existing products and now the new product just created.

There were previously many products and I did not click the delete on the products so all our products disappeared. I have only one other user who is a viewer only so we know another customer side user didn't delete it.

**interesting note **
When creating a new estimate or invoice, it still shows all missing products and services from the product page but then doesn't show the newly created product.... ??

So any ideas as to what is going on?

Has any one noticed that bold markdown does work in the "new discussion" ? :neutral:

Comments

• _Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

Update.... No Issue with WAVE! It was a end-user issue.

What I found out is that there are two product & services, one under "Sales" and the other under "Purchases" which is a bit confusing. The next questions is why would you have a products and services under purchasing why would you use it? ....Maybe our small business doesn't need it so its not obvious to me.

edited September 25, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Derek

Wave has two products and services that you can use to track the following:

1. Sales > Products and services: this is for what you sell on an invoice
    2. Purchases > Products and services: A lot of times some of our users are creating bills for their vendors. If you're a purchasing a service, you can create that here and create a bill for this.

Hope that helps! Maybe this article might give you some more insight

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621766-How-to-add-a-product-or-service