Options

Issues connecting Stripe account in new Wave business

NicolaSmithNicolaSmith Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I've contacted Wave several times over the last week and had no response. I'm hoping someone can respond here.

I had a business setup in Wave when I was operating as a sole trader. I accepted credit card payments through Stripe.

When I changed to a different business structure earlier this month, I needed to accept credit card payments there as well. I started accepting payments using Wave payments, however, because I already had a business connected to my Stripe account in Wave, I'm getting an error message saying the accounts can't be automatically merged. I have a note saying the deadline to connect is Thursday 24 September, and I still haven't had a response from the support team.

Could someone please help me resolve this issue so my new business setup in Wave connects to my Stripe account?

Regards,
Nicola.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @NicolaSmith ! After taking a look at your previous messages, it looks like you have since received assistance. Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions.

• Options
    NicolaSmithNicolaSmith Member Posts: 2

Not really, @JulianP. Wave has told me to contact Stipe for support and Stripe has told me to contact Wave, so no I haven't received assistance.

edited September 29, 2020
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @NicolaSmith

I see that one of our agents was able to help you!

If you haven't already, please log out of your Stripe account entirely and then log into the new business in Wave and click on Sales > Credit Card Payments to set up Stripe.

As I mentioned, our team has explained that there is an existing limitation with our Stripe integration which only allows one Stripe account to be connected per Wave account. This could be the source of the issue. I would also recommend reaching out to Stripe's support directly as they may be able to offer some insight from their end.

Glad to hear this resolved the issue! :smile: