Misinformation regarding online credit card payments

DaedalusDaedalus Member Posts: 2

So my first customer paid their Wave invoice invoice and selected to pay using the online credit card option. I was a bit shocked to see $288 taken off the top of my invoice for the visa charge, but whatever. It's my fault for not realizing there was a fee before I allowed that option to my customer.

But the advertised advantage of the online CC was to speed up payments (up to 3 times faster) according to the information on that page in the account settings; however, despite it clearly saying "Fast payouts.1 business day for credit cards, 1-6 business days for bank payments." it has been over 1 business day and the money has not cleared. And when I asked for help in chat, according to the Bot: "If your Wave Payments account is active, credit card payments fund in 2 business days and bank payments take 2 to 7 business days!"

There is clearly a conflict of information regarding the efficiency and expeditiousness of the service depending on where you get the information. Its very misleading to claim one thing in promotion of a service, and then when assistance is sought due to the service not performing or being delivered as advertised, to default to an entirely different claim.

Please clean up the information you provide customers so that what is read prior to enacting a service is in alignment with the actualities of the service.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Daedalus , as we provide payment processing to both the US and Canada, these timelines do differ a tad. For example, Canadian payment timelines are as you mentioned, 1 business day for CCs and 1-6 business days for Bank Payments. For US businesses, this is all pushed a day back from 1 business day to 2, and from 1-6 to 2-7 business days.

When you reached out over our chat bot, it looks like it provided you with US information so apologize for the discrepancy. Finally, I've taken a look at your account as well as the corresponding payment and it looks like the payment did indeed land the day after it was paid, thus making it 1 business day timeline. The payment would have landed some time in the evening which may have contributed to the confusion.