Reminders

AshtonAshton Member Posts: 3

Hi there

Please can you assist I need to turn off reminders that are sent to clients. They wanted a quote but did not necessarily want to accept so had an angry client contact me asking me why the reminder was sent. Please help

Comments

• AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

@Ashton Wow, good catch! I did not realise this could not be turned off ... if so would also be interested in this, thanks.

• AshtonAshton Member Posts: 3

@AccountsPro this lady was very upset with me. Eventually i just had to delete the overdue invoice completely so it stops sending her a reminder.

• AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

@Ashton Ok I've picked up something.

In your first post, you said "they wanted a quote" and so I assumed you had sent a quote that was sending reminders. But in your last response, you said " the overdue invoice ".

Quotes (or Estimates) and invoices are two completely different documents in Wave with different functions.

Not sure if this will help you in the future, but we don't use invoices to issue a quote. We use the WaveApps Estimate document to create a quote. Then we set an expiry date on it. That way if they have not accepted it by the expiry date, no reminders are sent and no invoice is created. On the other hand, if they DO accept it, we can convert it to an Invoice with one click.

I may be reading it wrong, but it sounds like you created an Invoice, not a Quote. Yes, then it will keep sending reminders until you put a credit note through, or payment, or delete it.

Does that help at all?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ashton

Accountspro is totally correct on this.

To add to that, your reminders should be able to be turned off from the invoice verification page.

• AshtonAshton Member Posts: 3

@Barsin thank you. But I cant switch it off so it keeps sending reminders to my clients

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ashton ! If you want to edit reminders an existing invoice, you can do so by heading over to Sales > Invoices > selecting the invoice in question > Edit. You can edit the reminders under the "Send" section. This applies to new invoices as well. Below is a screenshot for reference:

Alternatively, you can disable reminders entirely by heading over to Settings > Invoice Customization > Reminder Settings.

edited October 14, 2020
  • NamoguyNamoguy Member Posts: 1

It would be nice to actually turn them off!!! I went to settings first and turned them off after an upset client got an email reminder the day after he handed me a check. I looked in settings

turned off the reminders. in the Invoice customization section.

The next week when i sent out that weeks invoices sure enough the reminder boxes @Barsin showed in his screen where checked so I turned them all OFF (NOT CHECKED) before i saved the invoice and sent it out.

Today I get email from the guy again saying he got a reminder again. and yes again after I already got the check handed to me. I don't always have time to enter payments the day they get handed to me. it sure would be nice if the system actually looked at the settings and used them as we set them up so reminders don't go out. Not sure how to contact support about this issue either so I ended up here. I will keep looking though. good luck, hope this helps someone.