Options

New currency please!

recolterecolte Member Posts: 4

Hello
I realise I don't represent a lot of your customers, but I'm still waiting for you to add the new MRU currency to your accepted list. I've been waiting over 3 months now. The currency is listed on xe.com. I'm still running paper books hoping I'll be able to transfer everything over to Wave soon before it becomes too big of a job and I just jump ship to xero or quickbooks.
Thanks!
Recolte

edited August 31, 2018 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @recolte.

The currency is there and works, it just hasn't been updated to the new abbreviation yet. It's in Wave as MRO. It's the same currency, we just haven't updated it to reflect the changes made in January. It is on our engineers' task list, however, so it will be updated.

• Options

Magic! Thanks!

• Options

Happy to help, @recolte! I talked with the team responsible and this should be fixed in the coming weeks.

• Options

Still waiting :) The currency is still the old abbreviation and the old exchange rate. I'm 4 months into my financial year and haven't been able to set up this year's books yet.

• Options

Hi @recolte.

Thanks for checking in. It's still on the list but hasn't been taken care of yet. I, unfortunately, don't have a better timeline to offer than I did with my last reply. It's on our task list and we have not forgotten.

You can still work with Wave and do your books, everything will still be accurate other than that abbreviation, which will change everywhere once the change is done on our side.

• Options

Hello again. Thanks for the update. This is a new currency, not just a changed abbreviation. I have tried to set up books with the currency as it is, but the exchange rate still reflects the old currency's exchange rate, not the new one. So it is not just the abbreviation that needs to change. The new currency exchange rate is one tenth of the old one.
    Thanks,
    Recolte

• Options

Hi, @recolte. Thank you for correcting me on this. I'll add a note to that effect for our engineers.