In reports invoice sent date being used instead of payment date!

paintergirlpaintergirl Member Posts: 4

We've just finished compiling and sending a report only to discover that the figures are totally incorrect for the period generated. This is because, for some bizarre reason, Wave takes notice of the sent date of the invoice not the payment date. That means that a £1000 invoice sent on the 1st, but not paid until the 3rd of the following month, gets included in the previous month's income.

Surely the most important date is the date paid!

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @paintergirl ! To clarify are you referring to your quarter break down on your balance sheet report? If so, the invoice payment date should reference the date on which the payment was made, not the invoice creation date. With that being said, I've taken a look at things from my end, and it appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other for one of your businesses. This might be negatively impacting your report. I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix. If after that time the reports are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

edited October 26, 2020
  • paintergirlpaintergirl Member Posts: 4
    No, I was trying to create a report based on activity between two specific dates.

Between those dates invoices were created, but not paid.

The report counted the unpaid invoices as paid as it took their creation date as the paid date.
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @paintergirl ! Does the issue persist after the accounting data fix I triggered? If so, do you mind sharing a screenshot of the invoice(s) itself and how it appears on your report?

edited October 26, 2020