Re-connecting bank duplicated all of my transactions :(

BPM_OscarBPM_Oscar Member Posts: 3

The transactions have a slight difference on the description and now everything is duplicated.

I cannot go one by one it will take forever is not an option.

I feel that everything is a mess now. What suggestions do you have to fix this? How can I start over? I have over 3 years of transactions. sigh

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @BPM_Oscar

First off let me apologize on behalf of our team that your account has been majorly affected by this error :disappointed: I understand the immense amount of work you have likely put into your Wave account and I do understand that this is a major setback.

What seems to have happened is that your bank has made some major changes to the primary account you use. Typically when a bank makes changes to their API or online banking, Wave might have a difficult time in understanding which account connected is the valid account. So it will often create a new account, but usually the old one will need to be closed off or archived manually by the user.

1. Head to your chart of accounts and find the duplicate asset accounts. Click the pencil icon beside the newly created account and rename it to add (New) at the end. You'll notice the difference because it should say the most recently imported transaction. Do the same for the old account. Now you have the differentiating accounts!
    2. Head to your transactions page use the all accounts drop down button at the top to filter out your old account which you want changed.
    3. Once you see all of the transactions for this old account, use the select all check box at the top of the transactions page to check off all of the transactions head.
    4. Select the edit tool and the top and move the transactions into the newly created account.

Can you head to Banking > Connected accounts > And see if you have duplicate accounts importing here? If so turn off or delete the duplicate old account.

I understand you may have many transactions here so if you wanted to simply move the balance over using a journal transaction you can also do that as well! This is the faster simpler method.

Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions!

Thanks so much.

• BPM_OscarBPM_Oscar Member Posts: 3

Well in this case it did not create a new account it merged everything in the SAME account.
    Another Wave support rep suggested to delete all transactions, archive account and re-sync.
    Which I did.

1) But now the OLD_bankaccount shows an amount something like this:
    Dec 31, 2018 Migration Adjustment Entry $xxx.xx Journal transaction
    Don't know how to fix that so I can create a new account and re-sync

2) Have a Cash on Hand account that shows XXXXXX amount with Payments from wave from 2017-2019 - Don't know what to do with that because it includes the FEES I paid to Wave in each transaction and don't want to lose that

3) I have another account Payments by Wave from 2019 - 2020 with payments from my invoices + fees I paid

It's a mess, really need help in getting back to how it was. I never had an issue until now.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @BPM_Oscar , I see that Tom from our Support team sent you a message back about this recently. If you have any further questions, please respond to him directly and he should be able to answer them for you.