Options

Matching Transactions

equationshawaiiequationshawaii Member Posts: 5

First and foremost, I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE! Sure it has its limitations, but overall it works wonderfully. It would be very helpful if as an alternative to creating a Bill, you could enter checks written/payments made in the transaction feed, that would later match the downloaded transaction. As of now I just delete the downloaded transaction, and that works fine too. Thank you in advance Wave community.

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @equationshawaii , thanks for the kind words 🙂. To be clear, you can enter one off transactions under the transactions page by clicking 'Add expense' or 'Add income'. You can then merge those transactions with other transactions from Bills/invoice. Is that what you meant?

• Options
    equationshawaiiequationshawaii Member Posts: 5

Not necessarily, here is the workflow I would love to see introduced.
    1. Enter a one-off transaction in the transaction feed.
    2. When the transaction downloads it would offer the option to match to the one-off transaction previously entered in the transaction feed or create a new one.

Here is an example: I have $10,000 in my account, I write a check for $500, I enter the check as a one-off transaction in the transaction feed, this allows me to know my available balance is $9,500 in one glance and the check details are already in the feed. When the $500 check clears, it would offer to be matched to the check you entered as a one-off transaction or entered as a new transaction.

It is really not that big of a deal though, users can just delete the downloaded transactions they have already entered as a one-off to avoid duplicates. I'm sure there are more important issues, just wanted to offer the suggestion. I appreciate this software and the entire Wave team! Thank you for all of your hard work.

• Options
    sagarkumar9sagarkumar9 Member Posts: 4

Hi @equationshawaii,
    I understand that you want a Check/Expense option which is in some other paid accounting software that could have a proper invoice type of format and could be expensed out at the spot because the bill creates liability and then you have to do receive payment separately.

I hope it will be introduced in the waveapps soon. right @AlexL

• Options
    DavinciDavinci Member Posts: 1

Any updates on this? This would be very helpful.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Davinci , no updates on a feature like this yet I'm afraid.