Invoice paid prior to invoice date

NSIKathieNSIKathie Member Posts: 6

I send most of my recurring invoices on the first of each month. Many of my customers pay by check in advance of the invoice date. i.e. I will receive the check payment on the 25th of October for the invoice that I have scheduled to send on November 1. How can I apply the check payment to the invoice and prevent the invoice from being sent to the customer on the 1st (because it is already paid, it does not need to be sent to the customer)?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @NSIKathie

I'd like to take a step back and explain the process of the recurring invoice and how it works.
    Essentially when you create a recurring invoice, what you're actually creating is an invoice scheduler/generator. You're instructing the system to create regular invoices on a schedule. Upon that schedule, the recurring invoice generator will create and send regular invoices which can be found under Sales > Invoices. So essentially because you're using the recurring invoice, it will generate and send on the day you've instructed it to. With that being said, There isn't a way to proactively add a payment to an invoice that has not been generated at that time unfortunately.