Email text box is missing in invoice generator

wavelinkwavelink Member Posts: 10

Hello Wave! I am generating an invoice for my customer, but afraid to say that unfortunately i didn't find any text box to enter email address for the business address and contact details field within the invoice form. Please have a check and let me know how to add an email address for the business address within the invoice generator. Thanking you.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @wavelink.

Right under your customer info box, there should be a button that says "Edit (Customer Name)". Click on that and you'll be able to edit your customer as needed.

You can also do it from the Customers page, under Sales. Let me know if that helps!

• wavelinkwavelink Member Posts: 10

Hello Alexia,

Thank you very much for your prompt response to my query. I appreciate your support. Yes! i admit that there is email text box for the customer's details. But this email address text box is missing in company's business address and contacts details, who is generating the invoice to the customer. Please have a check with "Edit Your Business Address and Contact Details" email text box is missing there, which is very important in contact details. Hope you have been got my point now and my concern about missing email details in business contact details. Thanking you.

Hi, @wavelink.

I apologize, I had misunderstood. You have a few options for that. You can put in your email address in any unused field of your company's address block. So if you don't have a fax number, you can put your email there instead. If you want to put it in the Website field, you'll have to enter is as "https://email@email.com", but the "https://" won't show up in your invoice.

You could also set it as a default footer or memo for your invoices. Something along the lines of "If you have any questions or comments, reach out to email@email.com".

Let me know what you think would work best for you.

Hello Alexa,
    Thank you very much for your reply. I got your options to manage to put email address in different available text boxes. Its okay if i put this in fax text box, but it still shows with the name "FAX" in-front of email in the invoice and seems very unprofessional with bad impression to the customer to put email with named FAX. Secondly, website address is also important to provide us to to the customers, its okay for those who don't have any website, but for a company to provide a website is very important and to put on more weight to its professional service. Isn't there any way to add email mail text box now in the business contact details field. I hope you understand my concern very well that how much important an email address and what am i missing. Thank you.

Hi @wavelink.

I'll bring that up on my end and do some research as to why it is this way. After talking to a few of my colleagues, the assumption is that since your email shows in the email sent to your clients, it isn't necessary to add it to the invoice, especially considering that it wouldn't be considered a link and couldn't be clicked on to contact you.

For now, if you want your email to appear on the invoice itself, you will have to put it somewhere else. The memo or the invoice summary (if they aren't already used) might be good options.

Hello Alexia,

Okay! Thanks got it. I appreciate your support on this. Have a great day :)

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello @wavelink @Alexia

I use the field Phone in the Business master and it works perfectly

@UHRP3 said:
    Hello @wavelink @Alexia

I use the field Phone in the Business master and it works perfectly

Okay! Thanks for your support. Got it. Have a nice day :)