Options

Cash Flow Statement

CarenCaren Member Posts: 4

Hi
Can we have the Cash Flow Statement from WAVE under Report section?
Please advise.
Thanks

regards
Caren
Malaysia

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Caren.

There is a Cash Flow statement available in Wave, but it's only available for the newer version. We're working on migrating all of our users over, but we have to do it gradually as the resources become available. We're being careful about the migration because the last thing we want is for your data to get lost in the process.

If you want a sneak peek, try creating a new business. All new businesses default to the new version, so you can see what the Cash Flow report looks like immediately.

• Options
    HarleyDreadHarleyDread Member Posts: 2

Wow this is not fun, i like really need a CashFlow statement to send to my bank, how long before we older users have access to this.. Is there a timeline?

• Options
    HarleyDreadHarleyDread Member Posts: 2

or is there a way to upgrade....

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@HarleyDread we'd like to upgrade everyone as soon as possible, you can be sure! However, our primary consideration has to be the integrity of your data. We can only move your data over to the new system once all of the corresponding parts exist there as well. Otherwise, we could risk something not carrying the way that it should, and we're not willing to do that. You can read more about this thought process here. We'll have the new features to you as soon as we can!

• Options
    JayGeeJayGee Member Posts: 5

Hi there, this is good news indeed.
    Has there been any update as to the expected roll out date?
    Are we looking at a few days, a few weeks or a few months?

Im in the process of tediously doing a CFS and if I can use the great WAVE way of doing things i know itll save me time.
    In other words, should i hang there?

• Options

Hi @JayGee!

We hope you will stick around! We're aiming at finishing the migration in the next few months. I can't give you a more exact timeline, we're doing it as fast as we can, as resources become available, while making sure the integrity of your data isn't affected. We've been switching our users over in waves (no pun intended) and will continue to do so over the coming months.

If you want a preview of what to expect, you can create a new business and see for yourself. All new businesses created in Wave automatically use the new version.

• Options
    JayGeeJayGee Member Posts: 5

Hi Alexia,

(Apologies if you getting this twice)

I saw a post by James Hudson on 18 July titled : NEW: Cash Flow Statement
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004964383-NEW-Cash-Flow-Statement?flash_digest=a9b6ebf8fdcb1bbe8c551f448f2df12daa2544cc

Yet i dont see this feature under my 'accounting'.
    How come?

Thanks in advance

Justin

• Options

No problem at all, @JayGee.

This is actually a new report, on the Reports page. It's only available on the new version of Wave, however, so you'll have to wait a bit longer before it makes it to you. We're still aiming to finish the migration within the next three to six months. Hang tight, it's coming!

edited July 30, 2018
  • Options
    jfcarrolljfcarroll Member Posts: 1

Can someone please provide an update on this issue?
    Just knowing that you're still working on migrating users to the new version would help us to be a little more patient. Thanks in advance!

• Options

Hi, @jfcarroll,

I can confirm that we are still working on this. We're just as eager to get those new features to you as you are to have access to them, but we have to be careful in doing so to ensure the integrity of your data throughout this process. We're hoping to be done sooner than later, but I don't have a more precise timeline to offer than "When we can do it safely".

We've been gradually migrating users for quite some time and we'll continue moving groups of Wavers over as the resources become available.

• Options
    david_ddavid_d Member Posts: 1

I need this new report feature ASAP for my taxes! Please hurry up with this migration! Really starting to lose faith in Waves here.

• Options

Hi, @david_d,

I really do wish I could offer a timeline, but we have to be careful in our approach or we'll risk affecting your data and the data of other Wavers. If we can't update your account soon enough, we do offer a workaround to help businesses who use cash-based accounting. You can find it here. I hope it helps!