Uploading bank account “duplicate” hang

TimShepherdTimShepherd Member Posts: 3
I have used this function since the changeover from auto integration without much of an issue, recently I have found that it has stalled. Before you ask about file extensions it’s csv and correct column details etc it’s worked for over a year, software versions and OS, all up to date and I have used multiple platforms with the same issue, desktop on W10, laptop on W10, iPad on iOS 14.01 and iPhone on 14.01 all the same issue. What’s changed?
On my side I have visited the same couple of suppliers the same day and spend differing amounts, Screwfix and Toolstation, the only duplication in the csv is these two on the same day a couple of times but the values differ. I have tried a single day, two days and a weeks worth of transactions but it hangs saying “your transactions are being imported from your bank statement, check back...”
It’s being going on for around two weeks?

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @TimShepherd ! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues uploading your CSV file. We have some more browser troubleshooting steps I suggest trying. You can check them out here: What browsers does Wave support?. Also, I suggest checking out this guide on what to do if Wave can't read your statement in CSV format. If you tried all these options and the issue persists, please let me know.

Regarding duplicates, if there is any redundant data found in your CSV file, I recommend removing it before uploading the file. Otherwise, you can merge/delete the redundant data on your Accounting > Transactions page.

edited October 26, 2020