Report Type default setting - Accrual or Cash

SandyLSandyL Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Is it possible to add a default setting, along with year end, etc., for Accrual or Cash accounting? I'm using Cash so I need to select that each time I view a report and at some point I'm going to forget :/

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @SandyL ! I'm afraid that adjusting the default report type , year end date, etc. is not a supported functionality at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• SandyLSandyL Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Hi Julian, I understand that setting a default report type isn't currently a function of Wave, I was hoping/recommending that it could become one. My question was confusing - sorry bout that!

The default setting for all of us is 'Accrual (Paid and Upaid)' but it would be great to be able to set the Default to 'Cash Basis (Paid)'. Perhaps in a future build?

Cheers,
    Sandy

• davidcdavidc Member Posts: 6

I agree this would be preferable. Perhaps I'm wrong in my thinking but small business and simple accounting sort-of implies cash-based accounting, right? That's what Wave is all about--appealing to small businesses. I, too, would like to see Cash reporting as the default.

Thanks,
    David.

• davidcdavidc Member Posts: 6

If not the default, at least a way to change it and have it stick so we don't have to remember to set it to cash Every Single Time we generate a report.

• ZaneRockZaneRock Member Posts: 1

Without being able to set a default nor having support for a sticky selection, this makes generating reports unnecessarily error prone and annoying at best. I end up frequently having to go back in and generate all my reports a second time after realizing I forget to update the dropdown.

• NDLLCNDLLC Member Posts: 2

I too am having to re-generate my reports a second time often because I forget to change it back to Cash Basis. This is a real annoyance! Please add as a feature!