Options

Paid invoices were swapped with another customer

DaveVisaya123DaveVisaya123 Member Posts: 4

So a new client all of a sudden has multiple invoices tagged to the account that are paid back in 2019. The problem is the previous invoices were actually from a different client but now showing the new client.

Problem with this:
I can't tally now properly total of each client
When I try to check previous invoices, I'm now confused since they are already inaccurate.

I get this bug when I search for the customer on all invoices and paid invoices. I see those other customer's invoices.

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DaveVisaya123

My apologies about the delay in this reply.

I am deeply sorry that I may not be understanding what the issue is that you're having. Would you mind providing a more thorough use case example of the issue that you're having when you say "multiple invoices tagged to the account that are paid back.." Thanks so much.

• Options

Hello @Barsin , thanks for looking into this. So if you see this screenshot. this is a new client acquired and started last August 8-12-20. However, after starting the billing for a couple of months, I started noticing that when I search the customer, it shows up 16 results of invoices already. As seen in the screenshot all invoices reflecting prior to August is not from that client. It's from another client, I did not do anything, did not delete the client, somehow the invoices got appended with each other, swapped or something. I think this is a bug.

edited October 31, 2020
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @DaveVisaya123 , thanks for providing these screenshots, it helps a lot.

Do you happen to know what client these invoices were previously associated with? Also, does this client still exist in your Wave account and do they currently have any invoices associated to them?

Basically I'm trying to determine if this is in fact a bug, and if it is then did the system just merge two customers together?

edited November 10, 2020
  • Options

I remember them and they are of different clients since the invoice details are different and the start date is different. I think it is a bug and it merged the two customers together in the paid invoices. I did not do any merging (since that's also not allowed in the system for paid invoices already).

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DaveVisaya123 !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is most likely why you are experiencing this customer/invoice issue.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! Your invoices and customers should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the issue persists, please let me know and we can go from there.

• Options

Hello @JulianP thanks for the response I really appreciate this. However, I checked the above search as I did on the screenshot and it's still showing up the same results with another client linking to this invoice history.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @DaveVisaya123 , can you send me a DM so we can continue this conversation? There are a few more things in your account to look at to get to the bottom of this.