Options

print chart of accounts

mpimpi Member Posts: 1

How i can print the chart of accounts? And export to Excel?

Comments

• Options
    Steve_MSLLCSteve_MSLLC Member Posts: 3

I really need this functionality too!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @mpi @Steve_MSLLC. Definitely appreciating the feedback here! It would be convenient to export chart of account data - something that I can make sure that our product team knows about for the future. As of right now, we based system accounts off of the type of business that you select in Wave (so they best suit your business),

• Options
    ThereseTherese Member Posts: 17

Any progress made on this issue? We would need to print the chart of accounts so as to help staff using WAVE by providing a list of all accounts. That would help them choose the correct account on which to book expenses or income when working with receipts or invoices. Thanks for your feedback.

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Therese, I'm afraid it is still not possible to print your Chart of Accounts. We will update this thread as soon as there is any change!

Thank you so much for providing us with that context also! :smile:

• Options
    bossmommatSharkOFFbossmommatSharkOFF Member Posts: 1

You can copy it and paste into Excel. Just copy the text on the Chart of Accounts web pages. Just a little bit of reformatting, but not bad. Having this function would be nice, but this will suffice for now.

• Options
    Steve_MSLLCSteve_MSLLC Member Posts: 3

Oh my goodness, I find it unbelievable that printing out the chart of accounts or exporting it is still not available.

• Options
    AndrewCremersAndrewCremers Member Posts: 1

Is there any update on this? It's a pretty basic function of accounting to be able to print or export your chart of accounts...

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @AndrewCremers

Sorry, but currently no update on this at the moment :(

Appreciate you bringing this up again of course.

• Options
    TamarissaTamarissa Member Posts: 5

Please provide an option to Print/Export Chart of Accounts. I've never seen this option not offered by a program before, and in 20+ years of accounting I've used many programs.

Thanks!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Tamarissa , I've merged your post into this on-going Community thread so we can add your voice to the discussion. Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    TamarissaTamarissa Member Posts: 5

As this discussion looks like this function has been requested for over two years with no result, it looks like I won't be holding my breath waiting for a basic function common to every other accounting software out there.

• Options
    SusanHSusanH Member Posts: 2

Where on your road map is this function? I'm handing accounts over to someone and it would be so useful to have the chart of accounts. Basic report guys.

• Options
    WaveCustomerWaveCustomer Member Posts: 1

Another Wave user here asking for this basic and important feature, especially for integrations. Can the Product Team please make this a priority now since it has been awaiting action for several years?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WaveCustomer @SusanH

Currently we haven't been notified of this being on the roadmap anytime soon. But that's not to say that it won't ever happen. My apologies about this feature not being available to you right now. We appreciate your feedback.

• Options
    mneglia22mneglia22 Member Posts: 5

I need this functionality too. When I help new businesses startup, they ask for my recommendations for software, and I would like to recommend Wave as a nice free tool that they can start with, which can lead to a revenue stream for your company as they need fee based services like credit card processing and payroll, However, I can not recommend Wave without this functionality because it creates a burden on my setup time that other software does not.

As a business advisor, I always tell my clients to listed to their customers. It appears that your customers have been asking for Chart of Accounts import/export for quite some time and you are probably losing revenue as a result. Not a good business decision.

edited June 19, 2020
  • Options
    dofzindofzin Member Posts: 11

Not only is printing the chart of accounts extremely important, being able to actually assign an account number to each is critical. Certain "system" accounts (e.g. AR) can't have an account number assigned to them. One of the key reasons for assigning account numbers in the chart of accounts is to support items being sorted in the correct order on the financial statements (and NOT in alphabetical order). Also, since I'm doing accounting for an LLC, the account "Owner's Equity" should actually be "Member's Equity", but I can neither assign an account number to that account NOR edit the account name. This is pretty basic accounting stuff...two years and still waiting...

• Options
    mhammadlatifACCAmhammadlatifACCA Member Posts: 37
    Guys another way to see your accounts is to go to Settings > Data export and open accounting.csv

This file contains all your transactions including all details. There you can get the accounts you made entries to.

Obviously, all accounts in Chart of Accounts (COA) are not there but its better than nothing.

Copy pasting is also a good suggestion by @bossmommatSharkOFF

Let me share my personal experience too. I have maintained a control sheet (in Excel) for COA. I first put an account there in my choice of sequence and heading and then copy paste it into Wave's COA. Now this isn't ideal but it has its benefits like:

1. Control over the COA and availability for sharing
    2. Possibility to prepare financials with your own classification (since wave currently doesn't allow you to make your own account categories).

I am wondering if View only rights allow the user to view COA; if it's possible, you don't need a print at all.
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @mhammadlatifACCA , thanks for supplying our users with this alternative method! The viewer role can indeed view the CoA :smile:

edited July 27, 2020
  • Options
    Thanks @AlexL. What do you say about the other options mentioned above?
  • Options

Dear All
    Found another solution!!!
    and Its great!

• Integrate Google Sheets with Wave
    • In the Google Sheets add-ons, go to Wave Connect > Upload > Bulk Journal Transactions > Prepare Input Sheet
    • The Sheet prepared by this add-on contains all your accounts! So there is your CHART OF ACCOUNTS, You can download it, print it, email it, do whatever you want.

There is one drawback though, this doesn't show Account ID, only the description, BUT that is grouped and categorized and is great!

• Options
    MrsThorntonMrsThornton Member Posts: 7

The technique that @mhammadlatifACCA uses works just fine. I now have my chart of accounts in which I didn't need the account ID option at this time because I have not set those up yet. This is perfect for my bookkeeper. Thank you so much for this information :smiley:

• Options

@MrsThornton Thank you for your feedback. Happy to help. I am trying to fully utilize the potential of wave using different techniques, methods and testing for different scenarios. Please let me know if I can also help you in some other matter.

• Options
    MrsThorntonMrsThornton Member Posts: 7
    @mhammadlatifACCA thank you so much. I sure will. :)
  • Options
    RiverRiderRiverRider Member Posts: 3

Absolutely needed. Crazy to have to do a workaround.