Suggestion for an easy inventory solution

magscatheymagscathey Member Posts: 1

Hi there!
So I know that Wave does not currently do inventory tracking and it's not in the plan, but I have a suggestion for one thing that could be added.
I am have a service based business (makeup services and facials) but I also retail product. Currently in my chart of accounts, I have 2 different categories for expenses for product. I have Spa Product (which is product that I am ordering for people to purchase from me) and I have Spa Supplies (which is product I will be using during facials not to be sold). The current problem is that some of those overlap, meaning I may purchase the same product to retail and also to use on clients. In this case I would have to create 2 different products in my Products and Services list and have one be categorized as Spa Product, and one be Spa Supplies. This gets tricky.
Maybe you could add some way to copy a product instead of having to individually add every single product in one by one.
Like allow me to click on the product I already added and then say duplicate but be able to change the expense account, or even have an option to add 2 expense accounts to the product itself so that it automatically creates multiple products for me.
Thanks!

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @magscathey

Thanks so much for your contribution to our community. We love to see a thorough use-case scenario when folks submit a feature idea. Currently capturing inventory quantity in our system is not on the roadmap as you had mentioned earlier.

With regards your idea, I haven't heard from our development team that the products purchased or sold are going to be updated to allow for duplicating with an easy few clicks, but you should know our team is always scouring through the community for future update ideas.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of your day :smile: