Options

Payment setup - Spinning wheel "Turn on Payments"

wunderhundwunderhund Member Posts: 3

Good morning,
I'm attempting to set up wave payments, but for the last two days, when I click on "Turn on Payments," the button has a spinning icon and never proceeds to the setup. I am located in Puerto Rico.
Cheers.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @wunderhund ! Wave has two different payment rails: our in-house payments system called Wave Payments for North American users, and Stripe for supported international users. I'm afraid that Puerto Rico is not supported for payment processing by Wave Payments or Stripe at this time. As a result, you will need to accept payments outside of Wave and manually record invoice payments. I apologize for the inconvenience.

edited November 9, 2020
  • Options
    wunderhundwunderhund Member Posts: 3

I finally found the page that said the payment feature is only available in the United States and Canada. I appreciate your time. Any word whether businesses in US territories will still be supported by Wave in light of the recent announcement that Wave will be US & Canada only going forward? Puerto Rico is a territory of the USA and adheres to US banking regulations. -- Thanks again.

@JulianP said:
    Hey there @wunderhund ! Wave has two different payment rails: our in-house payments system called Wave Payments for North American users, and Stripe for supported international users. I'm afraid that Puerto Rico is not supported for payment processing by Wave Payments or Stripe at this time. As a result, you will need to accept payments outside of Wave and manually record invoice payments. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @wunderhund !

I'm afraid that Wave does no support US territories and we currently do not have any plans to support them in the foreseeable future. I apologize for the inconvenience here.

edited December 16, 2020