Why can't I set up Stripe for payment processing?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
imageWhy can't I set up Stripe for payment processing?

To access payment processing through Stripe, your business location and default currency in Wave must match. An example of this would be your business located in the United Kingdom with a business ...

Read the full story here

edited November 3, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• NetFabricNetFabric Member Posts: 6

Hi there, we issue invoices in EUR for many Italian clients and they can't pay with Stripe even though Italy is enabled. Why?
    No problems with UK clients and GBP invoices.
    Hope you can help.
    Cheers.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @NetFabric !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Do you mind clarifying the issue for me? Do your Italian customers not have the option to pay their invoice online via Stripe? If so, are you sure you have credit card payments enabled on the invoice(s)? You can double check by viewing the invoice via Sales > Invoices or by heading over to Settings > Payments.

edited December 11, 2020
  • NetFabricNetFabric Member Posts: 6

Hi Julian,

They don't but I guess that Stripe is available only on GBP* invoices while the Italian ones are in EUR, of course. Is that correct?
    Credit payments are enabled.

*GBP is our main currency
    Cheers.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @NetFabric , yeah that would be correct. You can only process payments on invoices that are in GBP as that's your home currency.

• DaveMerton188712DaveMerton188712 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, little confused. I received an email a short time ago saying Wave and Stripe would no longer work Outside of USA and Canada yet this post was updated after that email and suggests that Stripe invoices will work as normal for UK customers? All my customers are billed on a monthly recurring invoice, with the payment taken through Stripe. Please advise
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @DaveMerton188712 , sometimes the update to these articles is an automated one that we don't make ourselves so I can see how that would throw you off. The email which you received is a good source of information in this situation. We have indeed removed the ability to enable Stripe payments on new invoices as of March 31. All customers who received an invoice before April 1 with an active Stripe link can pay you via Stripe until June 30 at which point we will disable any active Stripe links.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this.

edited April 2, 2021