Cash-only sales bookkeeping

BonnieBonnie Member Posts: 1

I am a small business that sells at flea markets and festivals. I only accept cash payments. I have a business bank account. I deposit some of the cash received into the bank account while keeping some of it in the cash box. Also, I want to record the sales by the day, not by the transaction.
Is there a way to use Wave for my bookkeeping that isn't so convilluted with all the invoicing and such?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Bonnie

Thanks for providing some details into how your business operates. When it comes to showing your total end of day deposits, you should be able to categorize these as "Sales" once the cash lands in your bank account. The sales income account is native to your Chart of Accounts upon creation of Wave. But don't forget you can customize your income accounts by heading to Accounting >> Chart of accounts.

When it comes to keeping track of your cash box amount, this likely may not need to be documented since you're not showing a transaction by transaction audit trail. If you don't need to get granular about your accounting, then just stick with the end of day income deposits!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

_BA