Options

Invoicing Outside US

jorge_anaribajorge_anariba Member Posts: 2

I live in Honduras, which has different regulations regarding information that must be included in the Invoice design, which is a Invoice Number Range which the Honduran IRS provides for each commerce. Do you know if this can be included in an extra row within the Invoice design in order for this Public Entity to approve such invoice? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jorge_anariba , can you explain the concept of the invoice number range? What's the difference between this and adding a single invoice # for an invoice?

Let me know and I'd be happy to advise!

• Options
    jorge_anaribajorge_anariba Member Posts: 2

Hi @AlexL, sorry for my really late reply. In Honduras in order for Invoices to be approved by our Revenue Service Office they need to have both an invoice number and a super complicated alphanumeric 31 digit number with a defined range and an expiration date, called CAI (facturacion CAI in spanish). Without this number your invoices are not considered legal and you could be penalized if invoices don't include it. Therefore for a business to be able to issue a digital invoice the software must be able to include this number (CAI), its expiration date, plus the Invoice number and Tax Registration Number. I'm attaching an example of an Invoice in Honduras. I think that as long as I can have a field in the form which allows me to introduce this number, and regressively discard it from the authorized range in order to not be able to be used in another invoice, would work. Thanks a lot, I know this is kinda complicated. Cheers!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jorge_anariba , so although we don't have a dedicated field for this (as you know), you can always just introduce the number in through the Notes/Memo section or in the Footer. This way, it will still be visible to your customer, and I'm also assuming that it will allow you to pass any legal requirements for the sending of the invoice.