Changes to Wave for businesses outside the United States and Canada

faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

Hi wave Team .

I am a business controller from Malaysia and we use WAVE APPS for all our micro SME clients . We received the notification today , If is a short notice for us for active users how long can we use Wave Apps , as we need to the the data migration to another accounting system , Thank you for the suggestion to use Zoho , but we are not planning to migrate to Zoho . We are planning to migrate to other accounting system in Malaysia .

We are really sad the WAVE is discontinued outside US and Canada . Wave has helped a lot of Micro SME to manage their financial accounting, really sad :( .

Kindly notify how long can we use wave apps before the system discontinued for outside US/Canada Business

Thank you

edited March 30, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• ZanZan Member Posts: 2

Wave team.. at least give a function that allow us to download all transactions to CSV format..

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @faridah , we have no plans to close or restrict access to your data if you already have a Wave business. We have stopped new user sign ups, but because you already use Wave we have no current plans to limit your access.

• Francois_1Francois_1 Member Posts: 4

Hi Alex,
    With your comment above in mind.
    I have a business on Wave that is not in the US or Canada. My understanding is that we can continue using Wave, which we are thankful for. Just now I tried to invite a new user as a bookkeeper. This person does not have any existing Wave profiles of businesses. But would merely join as a collaborator on an existing business. But we get an error message from Wave, stating that Wave cannot open a "New Business" as it is not in the US or Canada.
    Does this mean that I cannot add any new users to my existing Wave Account?? Surely this was not intended when Wave announced that no new businesses can be added outside the US or Canada?
    Now we cannot add a new user onto an existing business ...
    Please help

• faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

@AlexL said:
    Hey @faridah , we have no plans to close or restrict access to your data if you already have a Wave business. We have stopped new user sign ups, but because you already use Wave we have no current plans to limit your access.

Hi Alex

Thank you your the update

• OptiOpti Member Posts: 1

@AlexL I'm using Wave here in Ireland since 2014, always loved using it and never had a problem.
    I really hope Wave will continue to operate for those of us outside of North America.

I'm now more dependant on Wave than ever before because of tracking sales taxes these past few months.

Thanks.

• jeperaltagjeperaltag Member Posts: 1

I have a Wave account in Panama. I was advised about the restriction comming soon. I need to know if we will be able to use wave or not during 2021. Zohobook contact had told me that after march 2021 wave will nor llow make invoives, bills receive paynment and collect customer paynmets. Is that true?

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @jeperaltag , while Wave has decided to stop new user sign ups from outside of the US and Canada, if you already have an existing account with Wave, your account will remain active and you will retain access to the current versions of Wave’s free Accounting and Invoicing software. There are currently no plans to close or restrict access to existing accounts for customers outside the US and Canada.

For more information on this, check out this Community post.

• DLazarchukDLazarchuk Member Posts: 2

Hello all,
    We working on a tool to migrate data between accounting systems.
    https://accounting.relokia.com/
    Will be happy to help and answer all your questions.

• Hot_GlassHot_Glass Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    @jeperaltag the zoho contact probably meant Stripe connection for card payments.
    This has now well and truly ended.
    You can still log in to Stripe and use their invoicing system to take card payments for necessary clients that insist on paying that way.