Migrating to Zoho Books

PeshPesh Member Posts: 5

edited February 5, 2021 in Technical Support

Comments

• EgroupEgroup Member Posts: 1

The same with me please we have been using waves for a few years now, and we wouldn't mind paying a fee for your services. Anyway, we need to transfer our data to Zoho and could not find a way to do this. Also you have mentioned for a year free to Zoho and again there wan no link or procedure for this. Can you please advice further? my email is christos@egroup.com.cy and via this email you will find our Waves account as well.
    Rgds,

• PeshPesh Member Posts: 5
    Zoho have a full migration guide now. They published just after I finished migrating 😅
  • RachelAGsyRachelAGsy Member Posts: 1

@Pesh said:
    Zoho have a full migration guide now. They published just after I finished migrating 😅

Pesh - did you manage to successfully do this? I'm following the wizards but the import is skipping lots of my records :(

• PeshPesh Member Posts: 5
    I never used it in the end. I did a full manual migration before this was event published.
  • WillHWillH Member Posts: 5

I've yet to find the actual Migration wizard option in the Dashboard of Zoho Books.

This article says it's available under the Dashboard, but I'll be damned if I've been able to find it:
    https://www.zoho.com/uk/books/help/migration/migrate-wave-to-zohobooks.html#export-import-data

If anyone has a direct link to the migration tool, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Will

In case this helps anyone, here is a reply from Zoho Books about me not being able to see their Migration Wizard option in the Zoho Dashboard:

"Regarding your query, the migration wizard is shown only for customers from Wave accounting software. It seems like you have directly Signed up with Zoho books. Kindly Sign up to Zoho Books from banner message shown in the Wave accounting system which automatically enables the Migration wizard and exclusive custom-built Zoho Books plan for your business. If you are still not able to see the migration wizards and if you are migrated from Wave accounting software kindly reply to us with your Organisation ID in Zoho Books so that we can check and help you accordingly."

It would have been helpful if Wave had pointed this out.

There is no such link that appears across any of my Wave pages. I've checked each one individually.

edited December 21, 2020
  • ItsnotbutterItsnotbutter Member Posts: 2

Anyone managed to transfer everything from Wave to Zoho? I followed the Wizard 4 times to the letter, and I does not import any of my invoices apart from ones that have outstanding balances. I would not mind paying for Zoho, however surly they can design an import export bit of code, to transfer everything with one click?

• CamDCamD Member Posts: 1

Same here. Followed Zoho Wizard multiple times and it keeps skipping out most of my data. I wish this migration issue was much easier.

• NianlouNianlou Member Posts: 3

I´m stuck at the level where I have to import the invoices. I get the message ´Mandatory fiels unit price is missing´. Any suggestions would be welcome. Otherwise have to enter about 400 invoices manually??!!

• Accounts_ChallengedAccounts_Challenged Member Posts: 2

The migration app works but it only imports the bare basics and not paid invoices but only outstanding and not recurring etc. Has anyone managed to do a proper import to get Zoho Books running as if we've been using it all along?

I'm at the stage now where i've run the wave migration tool, have imported bills manually but now completely lost as to what to do next. Not sure how to import the transactions, whether doing that then also balances out the bills and takes them out of 'draft' etc.

I'm so far pleasantly surprised with Zoho but really can't hit the ground running as it seems we can't import everything.
    Zoho Instructions I have are here: https://www.zoho.com/books/help/migration/migrate-wave-to-zohobooks.html

• Accounts_ChallengedAccounts_Challenged Member Posts: 2

@WillH said:
    I've yet to find the actual Migration wizard option in the Dashboard of Zoho Books.

This article says it's available under the Dashboard, but I'll be damned if I've been able to find it:
    https://www.zoho.com/uk/books/help/migration/migrate-wave-to-zohobooks.html#export-import-data

If anyone has a direct link to the migration tool, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Will

https://books.zoho.com/app#/wave-migration-setup

This is the link they gave me. To get it to work, what I had to do was after logging in, edit the URL in your browser and the part after app#/ just replace with 'wave-migration-setup' and hit enter and it worked for me but the migration wizard is quite limited.

@Accounts_Challenged
    Thanks for your reply. In the interim I was able to sort this out with the Zoho and get successfully migrated.

I appreciate your help.

All the best,
    Will

• RichardJRichardJ Member Posts: 2

I'm also stuck at importing invoices, I'm getting "Mandatory field unit price is missing" error. Please help

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @RichardJ , if you're having an issue importing invoices to Zoho, please reach out to their Support and they'll be able to advise on troubleshooting steps.

• JustinMerced2021JustinMerced2021 Member Posts: 2
    My company specializes in migration: websitetoonconsulting.com

Let me know if you guys need help.
  • shanhardshanhard Member Posts: 7

@> @JustinMerced2021 said:

My company specializes in migration: websitetoonconsulting.com

Let me know if you guys need help.

Hey Justin, I would love some help with migration, what is your email address?

• JustinMerced2021JustinMerced2021 Member Posts: 2
    justin@websitetoon.com