Wave non US and Canada small business owners going to stick with Wave till we cant anymore

Daniel_PauwDaniel_Pauw Member Posts: 1
Hi I'm a small business owner from South Africa and it's been very disheartening to learn of Wave's decision and the writing is clearly on the wall for the rest of us in the world . It's sad that a system that I've been using for years now , grown to depend on ,be comfortable with and most importantly is 100% happy with and never thought of getting an alternative for . Now it seems that in the not too distant future we will no longer enjoy this awesome product/service that has been the cornerstone of my invoice/estimate/accounting for many a carefree pain free year and it absolutely fills me with dread to think of learning a new system and it's in's and outs ,do's and dont's . To be honest I'll be holding on for dear life to Wave till I'm told I no longer can operate my account at witch point I'll have to then seek alternatives to something that's perfect the way it is . Perhaps the Management could possibly look at companies to partner with or even sell the platform to so an international Wave product can be made available to the rest of the world . I personally would not mind paying a subscription or even better n once off fee to keep benefitting from the familiar and the trusted rather than well the opposite . Trust is hard won in business and they have mine and I feel that perhaps Wave is missing an opportunity and should seriously consider a separate international version to either partner or sell outright as long as there is some kind agreement as to development cohesion or a collaboration of some sort . Anyway I'm sticking round as long as I can and I'm ride or die till the weels come off hopefully never realistically probably sooner than later but thanks Wave regardless !!

Daniel Pauw
Gateworx
edited March 30, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• AWBGAWBG Member Posts: 1

I totally agree with you Daniel, I run a small IT Consulting Company in Australia and am totally dependant on WaveApps. I spent a lot of time finding just the right accounting platform and WaveApp is it! Anyone I know who is looking for a clean, simple, elegant accounting solution I point them to WaveApp.
    Just to put things in perspective, prior to my using WaveApp my accountant was charging me +AUD$1000 / year to do my books. Once I moved to WaveApp it is now +- UAD$350 / year. I am very diligent with uploading recipets etc and this is the bulk of the savings.

So I would also be quite happy to pay a subscrition fee to keep using the platform.

I am not a power user and my accounting is really not that complicated and I too will be riding this out till the very last minute.

PLEASE @Kirk we love your software and yes there are competitors out there, but none as good as you. I am sure if you asked your "rest of the world" users to pay USD$10 / month you will be amazed at how many people will sign up.
    Andrew
    Glover Consulting

• NunoNuno Member Posts: 3

I'm with you @Daniel_Pauw I'll be holding until I'm told I no longer can use it.

• Van1Van1 Member Posts: 2

Truly dissapointed as I depend on Wave for all my accounting! I use Wave for several of my small businesses and am at a loss of what to do.
    I can only hope that we can finish off our fiscal year and then move to another platform.
    Also from South Africa and would appreciate other South African small businesses to leave their suggestions or liaise on a suitable solution.

• WaleedKhanWaleedKhan Member Posts: 2

I knew it was coming. But the problem was, there isn't another competitor with such beautiful and easy UI. Like, the competitors are too better than a wave in terms of functionality and features but the ease of use and UI of the wave is unbeatable.

All I want to know ASAP is that what will Wave do with its current customers who pushed Wave to such limits. I hope they don't kick us out that easily.

I know they aren't registering new users outside US & Canada but they should keep the existing users.

• rzmudarzmuda Member Posts: 3

Have any of you tried using it with a VPN?

• DedricDedric Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

@WaleedKhan: in my opinion, all of their actions and strategic choices demonstrate that they only cater (understand "care") for US & Canadian customers. Which means that keeping other users is a door open to them constantly complaining. The only viable option, if they want to protect their reputation within their targeted market is to get rid of "non-desirable" profiles… But I guess legally they can't just throw us out; they can only resort to make sure we [quickly] leave out of our own will.

This is why:

• they offer an alternative (zoho) and push very strongly for us to adopt it,
    • they stopped offering support
    • we won't receive software updates

It's quite clear!

You can also speculate that their non-US/Canadian servers won't get priority when it comes to maintenance; I'm not even mentioning server upgrade….

edited February 1, 2021
  • WaleedKhanWaleedKhan Member Posts: 2

@Dedric I guess so. Well, I'm thinking of launching another Wave like software for the non-US and Canada users. I don't care how much time will it take, but that would be fair for us all. And I know people will accept it very rapidly. Wish me luck. :)

@WaleedKhan we all wish you the best!!!

• Ian_BondIan_Bond Member Posts: 17

I am currently trialing 2 other platforms, quickfile and zoho, zoho seems good but it's gonna cost me £144 a year plus tax after the free trial and the only benefit over wave is automated bank feeds.

Quickfile is powerful, but also a little complicated with the customer account areas and such it creates, it also only provides reports on an accrual basis and I don't operate that way so that's a bit of a pain also.

Wave just works for me, I can import and tag my bank feeds within 10 minutes once a week and everything just works.

the best time for me to move is at the end of my tax year which is the end of this month, but am so happy with wave i don't want to. but am worried they'll pull the plug with little notice in the near future. I wonder if i can eek another year out?

Well, I guess the removal of OCR on receipts and the ability to upload with a mobile or by email doesn't help either!!!

Guess I was right not ti trust Wave anymore. Sadly.

• Hot_GlassHot_Glass Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Use Stripe for any invoices requiring credit card payment.
    Use Wave for all other (bank deposits etc).
    Double enter Stripe invoices to Wave and do manual payment in Wave when Stripe invoices are paid.
    If majority of invoices are credit card, just move to Stripe.
    It’s almost the same ease for invoicing, payments, and you already have the Stripe account if set up for card payments with Wave.
    Stripe doesn’t have full accounting which some may or may not really need.