Options

Linking Receipts

gclarkgclark Member Posts: 3

I would like to put an receipt into accounts payable and then when the bank transfer comes in, match it up. This does not seem to be possible. In the receipt payment category I can not add a liability account. Also to merge the receipt I have to say it is paid from my chequing account or I cant merge it with the bank transfer (as they have to be from the same accounts). But I dont want to put the receipt payed from the chequing account as it hasnt been paid yet. Finally if I do put it from the chequing account but the receipt is part of a bigger bank transfer (so the amounts don't match) then again I can not merge the transactions. Anyone got any advice?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @gclark , can you give me some context as to what you're trying to accomplish in the real world?

The Receipts product is used to track expenses you've made. For example, if you go to the store and purchase some parts for something, you can add the Receipt and select the payment account that the money came out of to have it tracked accurately. This is why we don't allow a liability account as the purpose of Receipts is to track expenses.