Options

Live in Canada but paid in USD in US bank

HayleyHayley Member Posts: 2

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody has a similar situation. Also, how well Wave deals with this? Will it connect with my bank in the US? Or only with my Canadian banks? I have one bill I pay in the US and occasionally, make purchases from that bank account. I need to know it can handle the currency conversion, when it comes to Tax time!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hayley , Wave will generate reports in whatever currency you've set your account up in. You can in fact connect a USD bank account and have it import USD transactions into a USD account in Wave, but as soon as you generate a report which includes these figures it's all going to be converted to CAD.

I'd recommend opening a Wave account and setting these portions of it up to determine whether or not Wave is the right fit for you.

• Options
    HayleyHayley Member Posts: 2

Thank you for your response. To be clear, I have a USD account, located at my bank in Canada. It seems like Wave will be fine for that situation. I'm wondering if Wave will allow me, a resident of Canada, to link an account located in the USA, to Wave? Thanks!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hayley , if you have a Canadian Wave account and you're looking to link a Canadian bank account that is in USD, we support this (as long as we have the connection through our data aggregator).