Options

Invoice details not editable after it is generated

jason1234jason1234 Member Posts: 36

Hi guys,

I tried editing the invoice number and dates after the invoice is generated but I received this message. It's temporary? or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @jason1234 @Alexia

This seems to be temporary, you can try after some time, or you can clear the cache and then try.

edited April 10, 2018
  • Options

@UHRP3

I just tried a second ago. It's still not working. Am i doing something wrong?
    @Alexia

• Options

OMG.. I found out what's the issue.

You can edit the invoice ONLY after it is sent out to the customer! LOL

@Alexia can you bring this up to your tech team? It needs to be editable BEFORE we send it off to client right?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @jason1234.

That shouldn't be the case and I can't seem to replicate the error. Can you tell me exactly what you did, step by step? Also, can you tell me the currency you used for this invoice? I'm going to try to do the exact same thing on my end.

edited April 11, 2018
  • Options

Hi @Alexia

1. Create a recurring invoice. Once an invoice is generated. It will show up under your tab Invoice.
    2. Click on the invoice to edit.
    3. Try editing the invoice.

I found out that to solve this problem, You have to go thru the steps of telling the system that you don't want to send the invoice yet. Click on the Skip sending button. Once done, you will be able to edit the invoice.

It's a bug. Just let the tech guys know. Hehe

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @jason1234.

I was able to reliably recreate the error and I let the right folks know about it. Thank you!