Direct Deposit Odyssey, what is DecisionLogic and why would I allow them

James LeslieJames Leslie Member Posts: 1

So after months of uploading bank statements and three separate enrollment attempts, I am36 hoursaway from successfully paying my nanny via direct deposit for the first time.

Then I got this crazy email from Wave saying that my <$600 payroll is "on hold" and that the only way to take it off of hold is to supply the username and password to my bank account to a third party called "DecisionLogic" thatrequires me to agree to the following:

> You are licensing to DecisionLogic and its service providers any information, data, password, materials,
> or other content (collectively, "Content") you provide to the service...DecisionLogic owns your confidential account information

I have several issues with this:

1. Lack of notice:Searching the support site,I see zero mentions of DecisionLogic

2. Poor choice of timing: The timing of this notice appears to guarantee the failure of my payroll, regardless of whether Iagreeto the terms or not.

3. Repetitive requests for the same data: I previously provided statements.Many times over the course of months. This appears to be a far more intrusive request for the same data from a previously undisclosed third party.

4. Security:This request is indistinguishable from a scam. The timing, details sought, and imperative call to action are all highly suspicious

Anyone else facing this type of SNAFU with Wave Payroll?

Comments

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi James,

Thanks for posting. DecisionLogicis a trusted partner of ours, but you're right - we don't currently provide enough material to tie it back to Wave so that employers can comfortably use it. We'll be adding support materials outlining who DecisionLogic is and what prompts these notices so that future employers don't get caught by surpriselike you did.

Because we can't see your bank information, we partner with DecisionLogic to ensure that payroll funds have succesfully cleared employers' accounts before they are released to employees. This is a rare occurrence, and it usually comes up whenever there has been a sharp increase in payroll amounts.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.