Problem with Zoho Migration

escastelleescastelle Member Posts: 2

The wave Connect add-on does not support the default profile and only supports other business profiles added to my account. I've been using Wave for nearly 2 years to manage my personal finance and accounting. However, the default profile's chart of accounts can't be exported. So, what am I to do?

At this point, I'm sure migration to zoho is not feasible. The default profile is not supported and everything is on the default profile. This seems like a huge oversight on the Wave team's part. Will Wave be available till at least July 2021 for those outside of the US and Canada?

edited December 21, 2020 in Technical Support

Comments

• escastelleescastelle Member Posts: 2

Could anyone in wave team follow up?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @escastelle , when you say default profile do you mean Personal? If that's the case I'm afraid that you're correct, Wave Connect doesn't support Personal profiles. We do have a data export option in app that you can access under Settings > Data Export. You won't be able to get as much detailed info out of it but it still works.

To be super clear with you though, we won't be limiting or deleting anyone's existing data so you are free to continue using the Personal profile if moving data over is difficult to do.

edited December 30, 2020
  • Mordecai2020Mordecai2020 Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue. My data is under personal, but it's actually a Trust and as such needs accounts. Can we somehow change the name rather than attempt to do the whole data export thing?

Also, are we able to transfer accounts for multiple businesses under the same 'deal'?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mordecai2020 , I'm afraid Personal profiles are created with certain limitations that don't allow for exporting through Wave Connect so it's not as simple as changing the name of it.

Please reach out to Zoho for any questions regarding the transfer of your data. My understanding is the deal is specific to any accounts you are moving over from Wave but they would be able to confirm that for you.