Options

Deleting old WAVE Account in order to use the associated email address in another account

iam_neil99iam_neil99 Member Posts: 2

I have two WAVE Accounts:

one is linked to info@...com
and the other linked to admin@...com

I first opened the one registered to info@...com, but then didn't use it. Instead I opened another account that I registered to admin@...com.

I would like to 'add' the email address: info@...com to my admin@...com account so that I can send invoices from info@...com, but because info@...com is already linked to an existing WAVE account, it won't let me add this email address to my admin@...com account.

I tried to close the account linked to info@...com, but each time I try, it says "The account closure link was invalid."

I am also nervous because it warns me that it can't be 'undone', so I am scared of losing all the data and outstanding invoices that are in my admin@...com account. (It is important to note that both accounts have the same name.

I hope this is not too confusing...

Please assist.

thanks, Neil

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@iam_neil99 Hey Neil, our account closure links do time out after a period of time so unless you're accessing it shortly after sending it you may see that error link. I can't advise which account you'll want to close, but i'd encourage you to double check which one you're in before you do so so that you're not making any mistakes. To check this, click your business name in the top left corner and select Manage your profile. Under emails you can access this information.

Let us know if we can be of any additional help!

• Options
    iam_neil99iam_neil99 Member Posts: 2

Thanks but this doesn't entirely help:

1). Both my Business names are the same (i.e. the one I opened with info@...com and admin@...com share the same Business Name), which is 'Psychologist Neil'. Does this mean if I close the one opened with info@...com that it will affect my other Wave Account that I opened with admin@...com?

2). I do not know how to be any quicker... I clicked on 'Close this Account', and then a link was sent to my email address, which I immediately opened, but it said that it was invalid. I tried a few times.

Please advise...
    Neil

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi again @iam_neil99 ,

1) As long as these businesses are tethered to two completely separate Wave accounts, closing one will not automatically close the other one just because they have the same business names. This is why I mentioned double-checking the email address on the account above, to ensure that you're correctly closing the info@ and not admin@.

Alternatively, you can change the business name of the account you're looking to close to something else so that it's clear which one you need to delete.

2) I'll have to take a deeper look as to why this is happening. Please send me a direct message and I can take a look at this for you.

edited December 28, 2020