Social security business services online (SS BSO) registration guide

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
imageSocial security business services online (SS BSO) registration guide

This article applies to Wave Payroll in the U.S.
In order to complete your Federal W2 filing with Social Security Administration, you will need to register with Social Security Business Services On...

Read the full story here

edited December 27, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• MadhuMadhu Member Posts: 1

Hi Salma,

I am a new small business owner. I am trying to register on the SSA BSO website and it is asking me for the individual name ,social security number, home address as shown in the second screenshot. I was expecting it to ask Business name, business address and EIN instead. Pls answer below questions.

1) Should personal information be used to register on the SSA BSO website? If yes, whose?
    2) What i understood from the article is that waveapps will send the w2/w3 over to SSA using internet by providing the SSA Online user ID. correct?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Madhu , I'll answer your questions in order:
    1. Your own information should be used to register on the SSA BSO website. If you're the one registering, the information should be yours and yours alone.
    2. It looks like you're not located in a tax service state which means that you do have to file your forms yourself. You can find more about the state filing requirements foe Missouri here.

Let us know if you have any further questions!