How to record a refund?

AdvaAdva Member Posts: 2

Hi,
There is a customer we stopped working with so we refunded him some of the money he paid us by bank transfer. How can I record this on an invoice? It is not possible to enter a negative amount in the invoices.
Thank you.

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Adva !

We have a great guide on how to record refunds in Wave. Feel free to check it out here:

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach back out and I will gladly assist you further!

• LeslieEilerThompsonLeslieEilerThompson Member Posts: 1

Hey Juilian - I keep looking for this but can't find. I was able to issue a refund successfully, but the payment had already hit my bank account. Where does this refunded amount come from? Will Wave take it off the amount of a future payout?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @LeslieEilerThompson !

When a refund is issued for an invoice paid online through Wave payments, the funds your customer will receive will be pulled from your payout account. If you'd like, you can view your payout details by heading over to you Banking > Payouts page. This page will include your actioned refunds as well.

If you recorded a manual refund, then you will need to reimburse your customer outside of Wave.