Currency showing in USD and in NZD

MarjiMarji Member Posts: 6

Hi I hope anyone can help me. When I set up my business account I set up NZD. When my bank account downloaded it downloaded in USD.
So when I try to reconcile my accounts it wont balance.
My deposits have changed to a different amount

What do you suggest I do? What have I done?

Should I shelve this business and start again?

How do I fix this, please?

Thanks Marji

Comments

• MarjiMarji Member Posts: 6
  • AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Marji.

You haven't done anything wrong, and I can help you salvage this with as little pain as possible. There is a known issue with transactions uploaded from the Bank of New Zealand that started in late February, if I'm not mistaken. We've been working with our data provider to find the source of this issue and resolve it.

The first thing you'll have to do is delete all of those USD transactions and find the date where they started. It should only be transactions uploaded from your bank. Once that's done, turn off your bank connection.

Next, you'll have to upload your bank statement manually, from the date where the issue started up until today. Here's how to do this.

On my end, I'll mark this thread to that I can notify you when this issue is resolved. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Hi Alexia
    Thank you for this suggestion.
    I have deleted all the transactions. Turned off bank connection.
    Uploaded bank statement manually - saw it was still in USD.
    Then went to manage accounts and saw that the Transgear Waikato was in USD. I then deleted all the transactions again. Went back to change the currency and it said it couldnt change my currency with an account with active transactions. As far as I can see there are no active transactions. I have deleted everything.
    Please look at the attached and see if there is something else I need to do. I have to do my GST return by 7 May. Thank you

If you want to access my account I have no issues. Thanks

Hi @Marji.

You'll just have to re-create this account with the right currency. I recommend you start by renaming your old account something obvious ("Bank Account - WRONG" is a classic) and archiving it so it can't be selected by accident. Then just re-create that bank account in NZD, and import your transactions there. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

I'll look into why you can't change the currency on an account that's been emptied, but creating a new one will solve this problem.

Hi Alexia
    I have APPCAN both my businesses.
    Started from scratch. So far so good.
    Hold thumbs.
    Thanks for your help

Happy to help, @Marji!

We're working on finding the cause of that issue with importing transactions from the Bank of New Zealand, but I'm glad we managed to find a solution for now! Let me know if you need anything else!

That will be cool. In the meantime, I will upload CSV files. I think I am getting the hang of it now. Thanks for your help. I will SHOUT if I need more help. Ta!

I'm never too far, @Marji!

Hi, @Marji.

I just wanted to let you know that the issue with importing transactions from the Bank of New Zealand has been fixed. You should be able to add your bank connection once again. Let me know if there are any issues!