One checking account, two businesses

gmiotkegmiotke Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to have transactions that download in one Wave dashboard/profile be transferred to another Dashboard/profile/business?

If I had it to do over, I would have set up a separate bank account however I didn't {insert sad face here). Now I am not sure what is the best way to get the transaction in the right spot. They are both solo-prop businesses but I have a TIN for one and not the other.

So far I have arrived at potentially marking the income from the side hustle to the side hustle as Owner draw but then have thought otherwise as this maybe should be separate.

What is the best way to fix my bad planning?

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @gmiotke !

To clarify, are you trying to split your current business transactions from your side hustle transactions into separate businesses in Wave to better organize your books? If so, if you head to Settings > Other > Data Export, you can select your preferred Data Export file format for your transactions. You will receive an email containing a compressed .zip file with various types of data from your Wave account. These will include your transactions, customers, receipts, bills, vendors, and invoices, all in a CSV format.

You can also use WAVE CONNECT to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google spreadsheet as well. See this image below of what Wave Connect looks like:
    image All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.

Once your data is exported, you can import your desired data into your new Wave business profile.

edited January 6, 2021