Options

Payment Questions (Credit Card vs. ACH)

_Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

@Barsin @AlexL
1. Which is considered a safer for the seller?
2. If a customer uses an unauthorized credit card or ACH using WAVE's payment collection system, are we (the seller) responsible? Do we still get paid? How does this work for each?

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Derek , I'll answer your questions in order:
    1. There isn't really one method which is safer than the other. They do definitely differ a little bit in approach although we do always encourage you to have the proper contracts in place ahead of time so that you don't run into any issues which could negatively affect your business.

• Chargebacks do exist with credit card payments, but we will fight the dispute on your behalf and provide the bank with any documents you provide us with.
    • A Bank Payment can be disputed by the customer directly through the bank but this is much more rare. Because this isn't a chargeback in a traditional sense, there's no dispute process for us to fight on your behalf.
    1. You as the seller are responsible for any of the funds that you process through Wave. As mentioned above, although we'll represent you in a chargeback case, we recommend that you always have the appropriate contracts so that you're backed up if one of these unfortunate scenarios does occur. If your customer disputes a credit card payment, we debit your account for the funds to send to the bank but if you win the dispute on the other hand, we'll refund you back the debited funds.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I'd be happy to answer them for you!