Options

Change of Ownership

Art_587Art_587 Member Posts: 2

My accountant set up this account. He has resigned his position. I am set up with admin access. I need to know how to transfer ownership. If that can't be done, I need to know how to export the information to another WAVE account showing me as owner.

Comments

• Options
    Art_587Art_587 Member Posts: 2

Also note, I have already set up the new account. Just need to figure out how to export from one and import to the other one.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Art_587 !

To transfer ownership, you will need to change the primary email address that is linked to the Wave account. To change the primary email address, please follow the steps outlined in the link HERE.

Please note that if the primary account holder has been logging in using one sign-on Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo, they will first need to create a password for the account as the Emails & Connected Accounts page will not appear until a password is set. To create a Password, click on the business in the top left corner, head to Manage Your Profile > Password.

You are unable to change the primary email address to an email already associate with another account within Wave. If you do not recall making a Wave account with an email that is being stated as "already in use", please perform a Password Reset for that email as you will need to regain access, close that account and then use that newly "freed" email on your account moving forward.

If you would like to transfer the account's data into a new Wave account, we have a great Help Center article to guide you through the process. Feel free to check it out here.

edited January 15, 2021