Can I continue to use Wave in Australia

JulieMartinOT3922JulieMartinOT3922 Member Posts: 2
I have used Wave for several years for my business. I’m in Australia. I only use the straight invoicing, reminders and paid invoice section. Do I need to find a new Invoicing program? If so does anyone know by what date I will need to transfer my client info by..Victoria, Australia. I can’t find a timeline at all, or can I continue using Wave in its simplest form? TIA Julie
edited March 30, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• AntPAntP Member Posts: 0

Hi
    I am a user in Sri Lanka. I love the platform because it helps me sort my finances in order. But I see that there is some connection with zoho? Does that mean my Wave account will stop functioning in the near future? So will all user outside of US get pushed out with a grace period and then Wave will stop?

edited January 15, 2021
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @JulieMartinOT3922 and @AntP !

As you may know, Wave will no longer be supporting businesses outside of Canada and the US. We have partnered with ZOHO to help you migrate your data to their software. If you'd like to learn about other alternatives, I encourage you to check out our discussion about our decision as many users have been sharing Wave alternatives in the comment section.

edited January 15, 2021
  • MichaelPMichaelP Member Posts: 4

Hey, Australian user here. I've been using the free version for my micro business and have found Wave to be great! Sad to see you're leaving - and that I am going to have to move to another platform.

In Australia, the financial year (for most) runs from Jul - Jun so your announcement comes in the middle of this year. Just hoping that you wont close access to Wave until well after (six months+) Jun '21. Theh six months after the end of the financial year in Jun '21 will give me time to complete my financial matters for the just completed financial year, plus transition to a new software platform.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MichaelP !

To clarify, existing Wave accounts for businesses located outside of the US and Canada will still be supported. As it stands, we do not have any plans on closing these accounts moving forward so you will still be able to use your existing account!

• J2BJ2B Member Posts: 1

Hello ! I am confused @JulianP ...My business is in Hong Kong and I have been a happy Wave customer since 2015/2016. I am now trying to understand whether I can continue on using Wave. But I am reading conflicting info: "As you may know, Wave will no longer be supporting businesses outside of Canada and the US" vs "To clarify, existing Wave accounts for businesses located outside of the US and Canada will still be supported"...

I would appreciate some clarifications: Can existing customers outside of US and Canada (Hong Kong in my case) continue on using Wave without any interruption ? or Do we HAVE to move to Zoho or similar service provider ?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @J2B , for users who already have a Wave account outside of Canada and the US (such as yourself), we will continue to support your use of Wave. With our update in December came the decision to stop supporting new business creations outside of the US and Canada. This means that if you were to try to create a new business in your Wave account in Hong Kong, you wouldn't be able to do so.

In regards to your current account though, we have no plans to limit your information or data.

• JulieMartinOT3922JulieMartinOT3922 Member Posts: 2
    That is fabulous. Consequently as a Wave user in Australia who have been using Wave for 4 years that means I can just continue as usual and all my stress was unnecessary!! Phew. Thanks Wave
    Julie