Options

Expense Percentage Split (Business vs Personal)

WillRWillR Member Posts: 1

It would be great if we could add a split percentage for an expense category in the charts of accounts for things like vehicule, apartment rent, etc.

For example, 30% of my vehicule expenses are for business. I could just add that percentage to the expense in the chart of accounts. So when the total amount shows in the transactions, the split is done automatically between business and personal expense.

At the moment, the only way way to do that is to go to Accounting > Transactions, select this transaction, calculate the percentage amount and split it for each transactions with an expense category for business and the other amount part categorized to Personal Expense/Withdrawal > Owner Investment/Drawing.

This would save a lot of time.

edited June 17, 2020 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WillR

Currently Wave does not offer this feature within this version of our app. We're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. So we appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through archived tickets looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• Options
    adamcdaviesadamcdavies Member Posts: 8

I can definitely say that this would be a VERY helpful feature.
    Without it users are pretty much left to do all the calculations in excel before transferring them into Wave. That kind of defeats the object.