Options

Microsoft Defender Smartscreen Won't Let My Customers Pay

AsheOHaraAsheOHara Member Posts: 1

When my customers try to input their credit card information to pay their invoices Microsoft Defender Smartscreen refuses to let them put it in and claims that it is linked to Phishing.

Comments

• Options
    jdbaron25jdbaron25 Member Posts: 1

I am having this issue too. You can have them click the SSL cert and choose 'show unsafe content' and that should help. I've reported it as a safe site to Microsoft, but now sure what else to do.

• Options
    hiimmelshiimmels Member Posts: 1

Same problem here. Customers do not feel safe opening their invoices and paying through Wave.

• Options
    Nerowe99Nerowe99 Member Posts: 1

Having the same issue. Two customers reported this issue to me over the last two days.

• Options
    sullygirlsullygirl Member Posts: 1

Same issue. Is there a work around from Wave?

• Options
    PsgmediaPsgmedia Member Posts: 1
    This is happening with me as well. Not cool as you can imagine! With many clients the support on this is getting to be a bit much.

Particularly since this is not an issue that has been at least addressed by the Wave team, we’re just blindsided by it.

Nothing like an email saying ‘We’re aware of this and working on it’
  • Options
    HomeXPhotoHomeXPhoto Member Posts: 1

Same issue with one of my regular customers as well. They are getting the same screen as above. Im offering to charge their card on my end, since they have a saved card on the system but this is obviously an issue that needs resolved immediately.

• Options
    BlackDiamondPhotoBlackDiamondPhoto Member Posts: 1
    I’m having the same issue. Does Wave check these forums or do we need to contact them directly to get this resolved?
  • Options
    MJTWebsitesMJTWebsites Member Posts: 1

I just had a client report the same thing. Hoping this is fixed soon!

• Options
    KeithJonesITKeithJonesIT Member Posts: 2

Yep. My Client just reported the same. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

• Options
    britannicbritannic Member Posts: 22

We have this issue also. What is more embarrassing, is that our company provides IT Security services!

• Options
    BruceCrabtreeBruceCrabtree Member Posts: 1
    Same here.
  • Options
    Heartland_WindowHeartland_Window Member Posts: 1

It has now been 10 days since this post started and this issue has still not been resolved???

• Options
    BbenkertBbenkert Member Posts: 1
    Any fix for this? My clients are uncomfortable paying with this message popping up.
  • Options
    seffposeffpo Member Posts: 1
    Having the same issue, just started with Wave and now I'm thinking I should reconsider.
  • Options
    AcornalleyAcornalley Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. I guess I’ll be sending this one via PayPal. Has Wave been compromised?
  • Options
    rmacomberrmacomber Member Posts: 2

I have clients reporting the same thing this morning. I hope they resolve this quickly, it is holding up a lot of payments.

• Options
    rmacomberrmacomber Member Posts: 2

Poking around in settings I received this alert on my own computer.

I just got off chat with support and was told they are working with Microsoft to fix this with no ETA.

edited September 15, 2021
  • Options
    qcmqcm Member Posts: 4

Same issue HELP!! ASAP

• Options
    braddoeswebdevbraddoeswebdev Member Posts: 1

Just had a customer run in to this. Since the issue has obviously been going on for a while and has no timeline for being resolved, I would have expected some sort of notification rather than finding out from a customer...

• Options
    KeithJonesITKeithJonesIT Member Posts: 2

I finally heard back from Wave regarding this issue. Here is their response:

It appears you're running into a known issue we are aware of in regards to Microsoft Defender preventing users from charging credit cards for Wave Payments.

Our developers are actively looking into this and working with Microsoft on a resolve for this but at the moment, we don't have an exact ETA for when this will be fully resolved.

For the time being, one workaround that we recommend is to use the Google Chrome browser and log into your account there if you are attempting to charge your clients cards. Additionally, if your clients are also having issues with accessing and making payment on the invoice, they can also use the Google Chrome browser and view the invoice in that browser which should then allow them to make payment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and please let me know if you continue to experience this issue with the Google Chrome workaround I've provided.

• Options
    HostfortressHostfortress Member Posts: 2
    Having some issue here.
  • Options
    ZeekBZeekB Member Posts: 3

I got the same thing. I spoke with support and they said they were working to resolve it (it's been days and days).. their quick solution was to ask the client to try a different browser >_<

I feel bad for wave, because this is clearly Microsoft's doing. But this is costing (us) a lot of money and aggravating our customers. Please fix it.

• Options
    ZeekBZeekB Member Posts: 3

It's 100% BS that we would have to tell a client to do this..

It's either Microsoft's mistake, or MS has decided that the design of the wave website, having the CC app embedded is a security risk or looks like one.

What's going on Wave? Fix your website, or call Micro$oft.

• Options
    MontanaMontana Member Posts: 2

This still isn't fixed? This makes our payment system look shady to our customers. So according to the link https://fb.smartscreen.microsoft.com/smartscreenfaq.aspx the microsoft user can report that the page is actually safe. Does this change anything for them? Or is a report just sent?

• Options
    Robin_SRobin_S Member Posts: 2

We did our annual invoice run a couple of weeks ago. Several members reported the above issue.

1 resolved by using another PC and 2 by paying on their phones.

Windows Defender appears to be an integral part of MS Edge and available as a plugin/extension for Chrome.

For Chrome users, an easy work around, click on More Info and then Disregard and Continue.

For Edge users there is no Disregard... option to only option is to go into settings and disable Windows Defender Smart Screen as illustrated earlier in this thread.

Firefox seems to be OK and have not tested with any other browsers.

• Options
    Robin_SRobin_S Member Posts: 2

We did our annual invoice run a couple of weeks ago. Several members reported the above issue.

1 resolved by using another PC and 2 by paying on their phones.

Windows Defender appears to be an integral part of MS Edge and available as a plugin/extension for Chrome.

For Chrome users, an easy work around, click on More Info and then Disregard and Continue.

For Edge users there is no Disregard... option to only option is to go into settings and disable Windows Defender Smart Screen as illustrated earlier in this thread.

Firefox seems to be OK and have not tested with any other browsers.

• Options
    NurseNCNurseNC Member Posts: 3

Any update on when this issue will be fixed? All of my clients are in the healthcare industry. The majority of our clients access our website on computers running Windows OS. 92% of users access our website with MS Edge web browser. 92% of our users CANNOT PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD BECAUSE IT LOOKS SKETCHY AF!!

This entire month of September we have had to explain to clients that we're not running a phishing scheme. Need a fix ASAP or we're taking our credit card processing fees elsewhere.

• Options
    NurseNCNurseNC Member Posts: 3

Does anyone at Wave care to report their website as safe? Anyone?

• Options
    spkldbrdspkldbrd Member Posts: 1

How can this go on for 30 days when this is how you make your money? If we as users have to use another processing service that doesn't integrate...then maybe we should be looking to move back to freshbooks or xero or any other competitor that has a working payment system.

Please fix this as I don't really want to move.