Options

Wave Receipts - not all receipts are expenditure

atelierfinezzeatelierfinezze Member Posts: 4

The developers of Wave Receipts have limited the app, either by design or error, to expenses only, however not all receipts received are expenditure. Every time you make a cash deposit to your bank account, either over the counter or at the ATM, the bank issues a receipt, which is actually a credit.

It would be very handy to be able to scan this receipt into Receipts and register a credit to the relevant account. Wave already has the system in place to effect this tweak. Please consider adding this functionality to your next upgrade.

edited August 31, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @atelierfinezze.

I understand how that information could be useful to businesses. The intent of the receipt app is to only cover receipts, and not deposit slips like the ones issued by your bank, but I can see how that could be helpful.

Are you required to keep those deposit slips? Do you reference them often? Why is it that they would be more useful than, for example, just having a copy of your bank statement? The more information you can give us on how this would be useful to you, the better we'll be able to assess the importance of this feature.

• Options
    atelierfinezzeatelierfinezze Member Posts: 4

Hi Alexia
    Receipts aren’t always a credit.
    In my line of business a lot of returns are made to the store, and when the store issues a refund they provide a receipt to the purchaser. Presently Receipts has no way of handling these, but if I could tell Receipts that the receipt is a credit rather than a debit, it would provide the functionality required. This function would also be very useful for personal accounts when returns are made to the store.

Also, if this feature was enabled, in addition to recording refunds, bank deposit receipts could also be entered.

A bank deposit receipt has a lot more information on it, worth recording, than a bank statement which often does not even have the location and time of deposit.

Your consideration of these facts would be appreciated. Best, Allan

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the great feedback @atelierfinezze!

You make some excellent points highlighting how the receipts app can become more robust. I can't guarantee that this type of change is on the horizon, but I'm happy to make note of this for the future.

• Options
    StackpoleEnterpriseStackpoleEnterprise Member Posts: 2

Agreed. I have trouble when a charge is refunded and I need to attach a receipt to a credit card statement. The statement is a credit, but the receipt will always load as a debit.