Feature Idea - Add column to invoice template

Comments

• Lisa_7206Lisa_7206 Member Posts: 15

Morning Alexia,
    Thank you for your reply.
    We have a small signage and branding company in South Africa. On occasion we do work for other businesses in same trade, and therefore give them a discount on the work we do. We would for example give a 15% discount on our regular price.
    Its not something we do often, and for the most part just quote them a special price (without stating the discount amount).
    I was just curious as to whether this was a feature on the cards for waveapps.

On another subject (which I posted yesterday)...is there a way one can export customer statements to a pdf format? I had a client who was unable to open her statement via the browser and requested a pdf. I resorted to printing to PDF via Nitro software on my PC, but this didnt work properly either. Perhaps there is another way that I am missing?

Please let me know. This is something I will have difficulty with on a regular basis.

Thanks so much :-)

Lisa

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Lisa_7206,

Have you considered making alternate versions of those items with the discount already counted in the price? It won't allow you to keep track of the totals of discounts offered later on, but it might be a viable alternative for now.

No, customer statements can't be downloaded directly from Wave at this time. Using a browser extension or another piece of software is the only option for the time being.

Do you know what happened when that customer tried to open their statement? If you do, we could try and find a solution to that issue.

• SandySandy Member Posts: 1

Our independent contractors send invoices 2x each month. We need to have a date column to enter 1st thru 15th, and the 2d from the 16th to month end. Other columns would be item, description, hours, rate, and amount. Might be possible to hide a column for the invoice if it would still be able to be part of an integrated post to google or excel sheets through IfTT or Zapier. Doesn't make any sense to issue a new invoice for each day. Any ideas for a separate time sheet that could link to the invoice - or other workaround?

Hi, @Sandy,

Couldn't you have the date ranges in the description field and simply use the amount for the number of hours worked? Do your client require a breakdown of hours worked each day? Why is it that you would need a line item for each day?

• MineMine Member Posts: 1

Dear Folks,
    I'm a new user of WAVE and i need to create invoice but i need to add additional columns such as capacity/units, quantity/carton, pice per unit , price per carton, total price. And we need also purchase order and packing list. does WAVE have such kind of templates or you can recommend another software.

Thank you very much in advance

• Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey @mine. You can't. What I do is make a different item for an individual unit of a product and another for a full box. You can put the quantity per carton in the description box for the cartons. Purchase orders and packing list, Wave doesn't have right now as far as I can tell.

• MineMine Member Posts: 1

Thank you

• Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

No problem. I kinda got stumped figuring out the same a while back. Now that I'm used to handling things this way, tho, I'm pretty happy with it.

• oremusproductionsoremusproductions Member Posts: 1

Yah - y'all need to add this badly. I can't imagine it being that difficult to do and surprised it's not yet a possibility.

I have a client that has requested that every line item on the invoice have a specific show code attached - that is to say a specific code for each individual project or pass through client of his. I cannot easily do this without filling up the description line - but I want other information in that description area that gives me continuity on what I've done in my invoices for the last 8 years.

It would be great if we could just custom add a column that can be whatever we want it to be.

Hi, @oremusproductions,

Thank you for adding your feedback to this discussion. I can't speak to how difficult it would be to add a feature like this (I'm not a programmer or designer, myself), but I'm happy to pass your feedback along. I can't guarantee a timeline or promise that this feature will be added to Wave, but know that feedback from Wavers has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave. Thank you for taking the time to share yours.

• TDI2002TDI2002 Member Posts: 1

It seems this is a hot topic and exactly what I'm here looking to find out. I run an auto repair shop and would really like to have a feature that groups Labor (non-taxable) separately from Parts (taxable). It's way easier on the eyes of the customer and is the way it's supposed to be presented to the customer in order to not charge tax on labor....at least that's what I've been told. If you list the price of a job as one number, you must assign tax to all of it including labor. If you itemize your parts purchased sales tax-free and apply tax when reselling, then you are not liable for tax on the entire invoice. Hopefully this makes sense.

I would like to see a separation of taxed and non taxed items on estimates and invoices. Both are on every one I create. Thanks!

• Colleen_LionHeartColleen_LionHeart Member Posts: 9

I run a service business, so it is imperative I list the date of each client visit. I write it in manually, but it would be terribly helpful to just have an optional column for this. It doesn't seem like it would be a complicated addition. Thanks!

• sprvinfosyssprvinfosys Member Posts: 0

Hi Team,

Myself Viraj from India, we are using Wave since last three years & our experience is awesome. But now just request you to please add HSN/SAC Code in columns of invoice, since here customers are not accepting the invoices.

Please do the needful ASAP.

Regards,
    Viraj
    Mob +91-96199-31565

edited November 16, 2018
  • LeikaLeika Member Posts: 3 admin

Hi @kmmaslyk - I'm afraid our invoice customization options don't presently cover the option to add a date of service column, but I can definitely see a lot of value in expanding the invoice customization options beyond the basics that we offer now. Out of curiosity, could a workaround like what @Centanni described be useful as a workaround?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@sprvinfosys Thanks for your feedback. Because Wave is used worldwide, there are definitely some features that vary from country to country that are not able to be supported due to the potential for legislation changes. In saying this, I wonder if increased customization on invoices may help with these sorts of situations. What's your opinion on this as a viable solution?

• bkmmtsbkmmts Member Posts: 2

Date field column on an invoice is a requirement (it is a requirement for all service based consulting companies). I cannot transition from QB to WAVE without it....

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@bkmmts and @TDI2002 noted, thank you! Passing this along to our Product Team as well. Historically speaking, our Invoices haven't had substantial updates in a bit because they ran on an older platform with a few limitations. We're in the process of migrating the existing invoice system to a platform with a lot more potential, so any sort of invoice feature requests are extra appreciated right now.

• TrelaneTrelane Member Posts: 1

I'd like to pull one more column of data into the Customer Statements. Currently, I'm pulling the information and then opening EACH invoice to pull of one piece of data.
    I'm an experienced report writer, familiar with databases. Do we have any access or ability to customize?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Trelane, not yet, but that is a great suggestion! We're already looking at this sort of functionality, but I'll submit a feature request now. We've also made our API public, with more APIs coming soon. You can read more about it on our Partner Page and sign up directly on our developer page. You can find helpful articles, reach out to our API team or other developers using Wave’s APIs, as well as the ticket submission form for developers directly on our Developer Portal here: https://developer.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020333712-Support-and-Resources

• kelwinkelwin Member Posts: 0

Please add one more column for QTY units like LTR, NOS, PCS, DRM, KGS, BOX, BKT, etc This will Help in easily understand invoice

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @kelwin. Thanks for the feedback here! You can always add these in the notes section of the invoice itself, however I understand that it may not be ideal for you. I will make sure that your voice is heard and pass your message along for a potential product roadmap/future implementation.

• GreenpointGreenpoint Member Posts: 2

Our business offers design and editorial services, however we always include unit prices in our quotes and invoices (e.g. per photo, per icon, per infographic, per typeset page). This is demanded by most of our clients as it helps them compare costs among various vendors and estimate the impact of scope changes.

edited February 6, 2019
  • jamshidjamshid Member Posts: 0

hello how to we create a total column for the Qty

edited October 23, 2019
  • RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

One suggestion would be to edit the column to say "Price per unit" so that it is clear throughout the invoice. In the description or invoice title you could add unit of measure information so it's standardized across your invoice.

If implemented as a separate field, where would you expect to configure this and how would it display on an invoice? Do you have any examples you can share so I can review with my team?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hi @jamshid. Could please confirm exactly what you are referring to in terms of adding a quantity total column? Is this for the invoice customization section in Wave? I just want to get a better idea of what you are requesting so I can further assist you.

• KeshKesh Member Posts: 0

Hi there, is it possible to add info columns to Estimates and Invoices, for example, #Client Ref, #ETA, etc?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @Kesh . Although you can't add columns to the invoices, you can change the name of the pre-existing ones under Settings > Invoice Customization. If you still need more room to add info, feel free to use the Notes section at the bottom of the invoice to provide more information for your customer.

• girish98500girish98500 Member Posts: 0

hi
    i need to add some custom columns
    as such vehicle no order no etc
    can i do that
    thanks

edited October 23, 2019
  • CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @girish98500 ! You have the ability to rename your invoice columns as needed. You can find all available customization options under Settings > Invoice Customization. It's not currently possible to add additional information beyond what you see in this menu.

• BekiBeki Member Posts: 8
    I'm supporting a client who runs a motor repair garage. As part of their invoicing they would like to add mileage to their invoices. It would be helpful if there was an additional blank field for misalaneus items such as mileage or customer ref numbers etc. Additional field are titled summary, po numbers or notes which isn't ideal. Anyone got any suggestions?
    edited October 29, 2019