Email verification not received

MartynBMartynB Member Posts: 4

Hi. I have a number of aliases for my main email address e.g. "enquiries@", "admin@" etc. I have successfully added and verified my main email address and one of the aliases (admin@), however, I am not receiving the verification email for another of the aliases (accounts@). It is not a problem with junk/spam filtering. Any advice?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @MartynB.

Are you still having this issue? Have you tried removing that email and adding again? I know you say that it isn't a filtering issue, but we still need to check, just in case. Can you try adding mailer@waveapps.com and welcome@waveapps.com to your contact list or white list and resending that verification email?

Let me know if that helps!

• MartynBMartynB Member Posts: 4

Hi Alexia

Sorry, I've been busy with other things recently.

Yes, I'm still having the issue and it is not a problem with spam/filtering. I'm actually having a number of issues around emails:

1. I am still not receiving a verification email from the email alias "accounts@..."
    2. Invoice reminders are only sent from the primary email, even though I may be logged in to Wave using another email.
    3. When sending an invoice, if I select the option to send a copy to my mailbox, I do not receive the copy (even though the invoice is successfully sent to the customer).

Could these issues be related? Database issues, perhaps?

Hi, @MartynB.

I think I found the problem for the accounts@ email. I reactivated it on our end. It looks like the first verification email bounced back to us and our email service provider marked the email address as inactive. Try resending the activation email now and it should go through.

Wave will only send emails to the primary email on your account. The other email addresses you can use to log in, but Wave will only send notices of payments and so on to your primary email address. If you'd rather those emails be sent elsewhere, you'll have to either change your primary email or set up a forwarding rule from your end. Could you give a bit more information on how you would prefer it to work and how that would help you in your day-to-day? It'll give us a better idea of how this feature could help you and other Wavers.

From what I can see here, you are receiving copies of your invoices, but I'm seeing them sent between two different invoices. If this is still happening, I'm more than happy to help you test it out. Let me know if this continues going on and we'll discuss it further through private messages.

• clo_rotukuclo_rotuku Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone. I seem to have the same problems here verification & copy to email did not receive. Can you help me to solve this issue? :)

Hi Alexia.

Sorry, I've been busy again!

The email verification has been successful. Thanks.

I don't receive a copy of the invoice email if I attach the invoice as a pdf.

I've now changed my primary email address to "accounts@" which gives me a workaround. I'm not sure I understand you correctly, though, when you say that Wave will only send emails and notifications from the primary email account. This is not the case. Wave allows the user to select which email address an invoice is sent from. I expect the same functionality when sending an invoice reminder. Or at least to have the reminder sent from the email account that the user has logged in with.

I hope that I've explained myself clearly.

Martyn

Hi, @clo_rotuku and @MartynB.

@clo_rotuku, I reactivated everything on my end, can you try sending yourself the verification email once more?

@MartynB, busy is good if you ask me! Always better than bored! You should be able to receive invoices even when you do attach a PDF, you just have to check both checkboxes before hitting that "Send" button. I tested it out with my own account just now and it seems to work fine. Can you test it out again with a mock invoice and make sure you check both the "send to self" box and the "Send a copy as PDF" box?

You're right on the invoices. Wave will set those emails as the primary email by default, but reminders and receipts are always sent from the primary address. It's fair feedback to say that you'd expect the same amount of control here, however. I'll forward that to the team!

Hi Alexia

I am now receiving copies of a sent invoice (I was already ticking both options) to the email address that you reactivated. I haven't tried it with other email addresses, but I'm happy with it as it is just now.

Thanks for passing my comments re invoice reminders on to the development team.

Regards
    Martyn

Happy to hear that, @MartynB!

Let me know if it happens again and I'll do some digging to find out what happened.

• clo_rotukuclo_rotuku Member Posts: 3

Hi Alexia,

Thank you for the help and highly appreciated. It's working now. My apologies for the late reply. :smiley:

No problem at all, @clo_rotuku. I'm happy to hear everything is in order!

• ColoradosDColoradosD Member Posts: 1

I seem to have the same problems here verification & copy to email did not receive. Can you help me to solve this issue?

• SamstaSamsta Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I have the same problem where verification emails not being received. Can you help me to solve this issue? :)

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Samsta, did you happen to check your Spam/Junk inboxes as well? Sometimes these emails can end up in there.

If you still don't see it, can you submit a ticket with us and our Support Team can definitely help you out! :smile:

edited March 20, 2020
  • CBHCBH Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem as MartynB and I suspect that verification email bounced back in the same way and the email service provider likely marked the email address as inactive. Can you try the same fix for my account? I have not received a response to my outstanding Support ticket.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @CBH , looks like one of the members of our support team was able to reactivate your email so you should have no issues moving forward.

• thoma735thoma735 Member Posts: 3

Hi there, I'm having the same issues with not receiving the verification & copy to email. Do you think you could take a look and help me out?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @thoma735! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having here. Have you been able to gain access to your account? If you are not receiving the email, try checking your spam/junk mail. Let us know if not!

• thoma735thoma735 Member Posts: 3

Yes it's working now, thank you!

• catfkwilliamscatfkwilliams Member Posts: 1

Hi there, I am having the same problem, having tried junk mail/spam, resending three times and whitelisting your domain.
    I did receive the welcome email, however any email since then hasn't arrived.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @catfkwilliams

I've reached out to our server domain in hopes that they will be able to give me a reason why your emails are not going through! I'll followup once I get word.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @catfkwilliams

Our server support team was able to reactivate your email! Please let us know if you're still experiencing any issues :smile: Have a great weekend!

• TrebencynTrebencyn Member Posts: 1

Hi There. Having a bit of a nightmare. Am not receiving verification emails on any of my two emails in profile and I guess, because of this - unable to get reports out that I need for accountant? I have sent in abiout this but heard nothing back. All I have ever had is a welcome email when initiated account?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Trebencyn! Thanks for reaching out here. I can see that you'd reached out to our Support team via email and were able to find some assistance with this issue! Really happy to see it :)

• COSLCOSL Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue where our added email address is not working. I have not been able to receive the verification email and it’s tremendously frustrating. Please help.
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @COSL , I'm sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated with the email verification here. I took a look and can see that the email address had blocked receiving emails from Wave, so this is why it was not sending. I've reactivated the email and resent the verification message. So you should be all set now!

• RimantasRimantas Member Posts: 2

Hi there, I have the same issue, would you please help me with a new email verification.

• Lee_LisonLee_Lison Member Posts: 1

Hi there! I am also having the same issue. I am trying to add billing@ email and I never received an email confirmation. No email in spam folder as I checked. I cannot get a live rep in your chat option and I cannot find any contact details in your contact us page. I need help.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Rimantas !

It looks like the unverified email address linked to your account has been blocking incoming Wave emails. However, I was able to reset this on my end. The verification email has since been resent to the email address successfully. I hope this helps.

Hello @Lee_Lison !

After doing some digging on the back end, it looks like your billing@ email address is blocking incoming Wave emails and I was not able to reset this. Moving forward, please white list our mailer@waveapps.com email address so you can successfully receive the verification email.

edited October 30, 2020
  • RimantasRimantas Member Posts: 2

Hi everybody, thank you for the help. Now everything works. And I won't skip a chance to say I love your project - from how it looks to how it works. Very very good job.

• Safety1stSafety1st Member Posts: 3

@Lee_Lison said:
    Hi there! I am also having the same issue. I am trying to add billing@ email and I never received an email confirmation. No email in spam folder as I checked. I cannot get a live rep in your chat option and I cannot find any contact details in your contact us page. I need help.

This is my problem as well.....including not getting a live rep, bot or contact details. How did it get resolved?