Date Format

13»

Comments

• Date_F0rmatDate_F0rmat Member Posts: 1

As another user has already stated, Wave could be the world's premier invoicing/accounting software. It is, then, a huge shame that there is such opposition from the company to such a simple improvement that would render the programme professionally usable the world over. I will not recommend Wave - to any one - so long as you are so adamant that this is not an issue worthy of a simple fix (and let's be frank, it is a simple fix). I cannot fathom why you don't think this is an issue worth fixing - only the US use the mm/dd/yyyy format and I guarantee that you are failing to attract/losing customer/clients all over the world because of your blatant refusal to listen to this thread (aka your customers). mm/dd/yyyy looks hugely unprofessional to anyone who isn't American (let's not forget that the vast majority of people on the planet are not American).

I think the most insulting issue here is that you 'don't necessarily treat the US date format as a fundamental issue in Wave': your customers/prospective customers are telling you that it absolutely is a fundamental issue! A huge number of businesses go under or completely ruin themselves because they fail to react to what their core customer/client base want (RIM is a prime Canadian example).

I don't want to be unduly negative because the rest of the software is absolutely fantastic... having said that, please, please fix this issue (because it is an issue) ASAP!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Date_F0rmat

As mentioned in the thread previously our system is a universal software and we've made it relatively simple for users to use by formatting the date "June 22, 2020". I apologize that this does not suit the ideal date formatting which you and others do prefer but I can inform you that this isn't a feature we know of yet that is on our roadmap. That is not to say however that it won't change in the future. But unfortunately we do not see this change on our list of upcoming priorities at the moment. Thanks for your input!

• Clement_2703Clement_2703 Member Posts: 1

Hi Wave team,

I totally agree with @Date_F0rmat and other user complaining with the date format. I'm based in Australia and it looks so weird and unprofessional to have the American date format on my invoices.

I absolutely love everything else in this application and that's why I keep going with it

Please! add jj/mm/yyyy format for invoicing :)

Thank you!
    Clem

• vivo9898vivo9898 Member Posts: 1

Kindly add this feature to change the date format

• adam_aksonadam_akson Member Posts: 4

Please add this feature. It's causing confusion for us, specifically when looking at dates invoices are due. Be aware that while the US has standardised on this format, the rest of world does not use it.