How to create an estimate

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to create an estimate

Creating professional estimates in Wave is quick and easy. When your client accepts the estimate, you can go right ahead and convert it straight to an invoice to save even more time!

Click on Sale...

Read the full story here

edited November 26, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• ashleighrpashleighrp Member Posts: 1

I downloaded Wave Invoicing App. There is no option for an estimate and I checked in the app store, there is no other Wave accounting app. Am I missing something? I cant use this app of it is only Invoices. Please help. Also because Wave is free, does this mean you cant directly email someone to help you?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ashleighrp . You're correct, the invoicing app only supports invoicing functions. If you want to send out an estimate, you can do this from our online platform www.waveapps.com. If you want to get in touch with a member of support over email, feel free to submit a support request from the page here.

• aarongottschaarongottsch Member Posts: 2

How much longer before Waveapps includes a mobile app quote function? This is a really big deal for mobile businesses. I have been using Invoice2Go for years clear back to 2014 I believe, and have always had that option. This has been a real frustration for me personally. Aside from this one issue that makes things really difficult, I love the software otherwise. Because of the lack of this function, I am forced to subscribe to another software simply because of the lack of ability to write quotes away from a computer. It's also frustrating that because I have to use another app, all the quotes written will not be saved in the waveapps application once they do finally provide the option.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@aarongottsch Thanks for sharing why an Estimates mobile app would be really valuable to you and your business. While I'm not sure it's on the current Product Roadmap, we do see this request come up so the more people vocalize this need, the more a feature request is prioritized.

Is an Estimates mobile app something that a lot of people would like to see? If you're reading this, please comment! We'd love to hear your voice.

• aarongottschaarongottsch Member Posts: 2
    I honestly can not see why its not a standard feature. I've used invoice2go, quickbooks, quicken, and other less known invoice apps and this is the first one I've seen without the quote function. It's very important for mobile businesses trying to operate off a mobile phone. Also adding the ability to attach photos in the invoice would be handy as well. And allowing the user to set default attachments in emails such as pdf rather than having to remember every time you email.
  • Tanya233Tanya233 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I would also love to see this feature in the App. and would use it
  • fritzel231fritzel231 Member Posts: 1

All my Client request Quote instead of Estimate.
    is it possible to edit the ESTIMATE NUMBER to QUOTE NUMBER?

• Justin76_Iron_HorseJustin76_Iron_Horse Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I also would love to see the estimate option integrated into the invoice app.
    When I write up an estimate on my office laptop and then I’m on the road, I can’t find the estimate in the system unless you convert it to an invoice, but it’s not an invoice. When I sell the job on site it would be great to convert it on the spot. It’s definitely not going to stop me from using wave, I love it! It’s just an option I believe would help a lot of people.

Thanks,
    Justin Miller
    Owner- Iron Horse Windows and Glass Showers.
  • Whitewater_SteveWhitewater_Steve Member Posts: 1
    Having estimates in the invoice app would be very useful. I live in a rural area with limited cell service and being able to sync estimates and invoices when service is available and see them both would be ideal
  • MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @Whitewater_Steve , welcome to the Wave community! The ability to create estimates in the invoicing app is being looked at by our Product Team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! Your situation does present a great use case for this feature request.

• MP3MP3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I strongly agree will the comments below. The Estimate/Quote option is a near necessity on mobile for my business. Please let us know when it will be available.
    Many thanks!
  • essex_ecoessex_eco Member Posts: 1
    I have a wave account but I actually use a 3rd party app for my invoicing simply because wave does not have the ability to produce estimates within their invoicing app. All other invoice apps I have come across have this feature. I feel it is quite important. If a separate estimates app is created rather than just adding it as a feature to the current app then I hope they are linked for ease of use. It would make running business on the go a lot easier.
  • BlaineVBlaineV Member Posts: 3
    A quote system is definitely required. The more jobs I pick up the more quotes I need to do. If I could quote on the spot I could increase my revenue much faster.

My business doesn’t work banking hours so if I can quote in the field sometimes I could get the jobs the same day.
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @MP3, @essex_eco & @BlaineV! Thanks for your feedback and +1's here! We want to help make your business work-flows more efficient, so it is good to know why this is important to you. It seems like a significant factor to business owners who are constantly on the go!

• MincMinc Member Posts: 1

Is there a setting where I can include a PDF of the estimate on the email sent from Wave? This function seems to work for sending an invoice but not for sending an estimate.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Minc

Currently this feature of attaching images to Bills, Invoices, Estimates, and transactions in general is not available in Wave at this moment. Our developers are certainly aware of this request and we are looking into how we can implement this for future updates.

• DeanBiggsDeanBiggs Member Posts: 1
    I cannot find Estimate on mobile app. I am using the Free version for now. I can do Estimates on Laptop but not on mobile iPhone.
  • PhotographsbySydneyPhotographsbySydney Member Posts: 1
    When will Estimates be available on the mobile app? I'd love to start using Wave but this missing feature 100% prevents me from using it.
  • JrecardJrecard Member Posts: 1
    Can estimates be done on the iPhone app?

Hey @DeanBiggs, @PhotographsbySydney & @Jrecard! Thank you for reaching out here. The estimates feature is not currently available on the mobile app. It does seem very important to you all so if you have any feedback about why you would like to Estimates on the mobile app I would love to hear it! Our developers are always looking for features to improve and the Community is a great place to share thoughts and ideas.

• ChantelSChantelS Member Posts: 1

Hi, I can't seem to create an Estimate. I follow all the steps above, but when I get to the "add an Estimate" screen it is blank and nothing comes up for me to edit. Please assist

Hey @ChantelS! Are you able to go through some initial troubleshooting steps to see if it helps to resolve the issue? Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions or anti-virus software disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser here.

• PFM_303PFM_303 Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to print a "Pull Sheet" from an estimate that includes the needed products, without showing the prices?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @PFM_303, unfortunately this is not something that's currently available within Wave at present.

• TheRealtyAlchemistTheRealtyAlchemist Member Posts: 1

So the client receives my Estimate in their email, and then they can view the Estimate in their browser. Then what? Wave states "Quickly send estimates and turn them into invoices upon approval." Where is the approval aspect? There is nowhere on the Estimate that the client can click to respond. This seems like a major flaw in the flow if the client does not have an easily visible option to approve the estimate in order to notify me to send them an invoice..

edited March 29, 2020
  • NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@TheRealtyAlchemist Right now, we don't have an integrated method of the client to approve the estimate. Once your client has given you approval through email/phone/another communication method, then you can easily convert the estimate to an invoice. Here's how to achieve that from the Estimates page.
    That idea though has some promise and our Product team does frequent these discussion boards for new features/integrations when looking as to what to build out next in Wave.

• kevinnelsonkevinnelson Member Posts: 2

How long until creating Estimates have the same features as creating Invoices? Specifically reorganizing line items, it's such a pain to have to delete all line items because you forget to add something near the top.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @kevinnelson! Thanks for your feedback here. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we have a timeline on as far as implementation in the platform goes, but it is something that the development team have been looking into. We appreciate your patience and context as far as how this would impact your workflow in Wave.

• ZENZEN Member Posts: 1

Hello Wave
    The estimate feature does not work on our accounts, any idea what is going wrong? My wife has been using Wave for a few years and the estimates use to work, but not for a while now. I also signed up recently again, but it doesn't work on my account either.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @ZEN , thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that Estimates aren't working properly for you. Would you be able to provide a bit more context into the issue so that we can look into it more specifically? For example, are you able to click into Sales > Estimates successfully, or does it not let you even access that page? At which point do you see errors or barred access? What to the error/access messages say? Does it happen on a page in general, or does it happen when you click a certain button? Would you be able to send me a screenshot of what you're seeing there? The entire screen would be best!

I know this is a lot of questions! Thanks in advance for working with me on this. I'm confident we'll be able to help!

edited June 12, 2020