How to create an estimate

2»

Comments

• mattbaldellimattbaldelli Member Posts: 1

Please add an approval + e-signature to estimates.

Unfortunately it's neccesary now for a lot of contractors and freelancers like myself to get legal documention with a signature before working on any projects.

Please forward this along to the R+D team to put into the works. I love this platform and it would speed up the process for bidding on projects and getting more work. Thanks!

• JP1JP1 Member Posts: 1
    Good day

I'm new to Wave and really enjoying the app, will highly appreciate it if a estimate/quote function is added to the app. This will allow most small businesses to stay mobile and save time.

Thank you
  • KhotsoKKhotsoK Member Posts: 1
    Hi @EmmaP

Truly loving the platform, the UI and everything. Your team has done a great job.

But as @JP1 has said, we spend most of our time on mobile than we do on PC. Having this functionality would significantly improve our service delivery.

Imagine you’re about to close a deal, but have to drive to your PC in order to quote a client. :(

That’s too much friction and time wasted in this fast paced economy when I could have done that on my smartphone or tablet.

So if your management is looking for words to justify the need for creating estimates on the mobile app: Speed. Efficiency. Professionalism. Service Delivery.

I’m sure the other users would agree. I trust your talented team can figure it out. 😉
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @JP1

It's not currently available on the mobile app but if you log into your account on a computer at www.waveapps.com you'll see that the estimates function is available under sales!

Hi @KhotsoK

Thanks so much for your valued feedback. Our mobile tea is looking into improving for future developments and the community is always a place they come to for new feature ideas.

• JasonnbossJasonnboss Member Posts: 1

Once I have signed into wave I am unable to create an estimate.
    We have 3 users and me being the third am unable to create the estimates?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jasonnboss , what's the issue you're having when trying to create an estimate? Are you able to access the Estimate page or is it an issue when you actually click to create it? If you're seeing an error message let me know.

• Sj_contrsctor2020Sj_contrsctor2020 Member Posts: 1
    How am I able to verify when the customer viewed the estimate.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Sj_contrsctor2020 , when your customer has viewed the Estimate it will appear in the status of the Estimate. To be clear, if they open the invoice without opening the Estimate itself, this won't show a changed status as we do require the link to Wave to be clicked for us to register it.

• _Simon28_Simon28 Member Posts: 1

Greetings, the estimates feature is not working on the desktop version. When I click on estimates it leads to blank page.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @_Simon28 ! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your estimates page. I suggest trying some basic browser troubleshooting steps in this case. We have a great Help Center article to guide you through the process. Check it out here.

• BrucernBrucern Member Posts: 5

I still can't create an Estimate. All I get is a blank screen. Please help !
    Robert

• BrucernBrucern Member Posts: 5

I am Unable to create an Estimate.
    My Invoice creation works as I expect it should. I even used a different Browser. I also Re Booted my WINDOWS 10 PC. 64bit PC. Nothing fancy at all.
    Still not working. After reading further down the posts, I note I'm not the only one.
    I have full confidence in your ability to solve this issue.

edited October 29, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @Brucern

We may need a screenshot of your Developer Tools Console tab when you try to access the estimates page.

What are Developer Tools?
    Sometimes we may need more information to troubleshoot issues in user accounts. Support may request a screenshot with developer tools open in order to get a better look at backend problems and have you back up and running as soon as possible!

How to Open Developer Tools
    Google Chrome
    Select the Chrome Menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools and click on the Console tab.

Firefox
    From the menu: select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on OS X)
    From the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+J (Mac).

Microsoft Edge
    Press F12 on the keyboard then click on the “Console” tab

Safari
    To open the “Console” panel in Safari’s Web Inspector press Cmd+Opt+C
    Note: In order to view the console in Safari, you have to enable the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” setting in the “Advanced” pane of Safari’s preferences.

• Pieter_myn7506Pieter_myn7506 Member Posts: 2

Will you ever be able to do estmates on the Mobile App ?

• Pieter_myn7506Pieter_myn7506 Member Posts: 2

@Barsin said:
    Hey @JP1

It's not currently available on the mobile app but if you log into your account on a computer at www.waveapps.com you'll see that the estimates function is available under sales!

Hi @KhotsoK

Thanks so much for your valued feedback. Our mobile tea is looking into improving for future developments and the community is always a place they come to for new feature ideas.

Any progress with estimate on apps ???

• PeteKPeteK Member Posts: 1

I have been using your competitor's software and App for many years and wanted to switch to Wave. Not being able to create estimates and covert them is a massive downside of your App. Yes, your website's dashboard is nice, but it's 2020 and the vast majority of small business owners that are on-the-go use Apps on their phones. I'm even very interested in your new Wave Money program, but won't commit until you add this BASIC option for creating and converting estimates through the App. You should try to stay on par with your competitors if you want to attract more new clients.

• _Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

Saving PDF version of estimate creates a file starting with "estimate". This is fine except many of us use the term "quote" so why doesn't it pre-append the file with the customized field? This should be super easy and low hanging fruit to modify this so its consistent throughout your system.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Pieter_myn7506, @PeteK !

Thank you for expressing your interest in this feature idea and reaching out. For full transparency, we do not currently have this feature on our current product roadmap or have an ETA as to when this feature will be implemented. With that being said, we are not dismissing your feedback as we often revisit feature ideas.

As a workaround in the meantime, you can access your Wave account via your mobile device's browser to create estimates on the go.

I hope this helps!

• edincjedincj Member Posts: 5

the estimate function is not working. 09 March 2021
    can someone please check this.
    when you click on " create estimate" the page is lterally blank.

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @edincj sorry to hear you were having some issues creating estimate. What you were experiencing sounds like it might be a browser related issue. If you're still running into the same blank page, are you able to try some browser troubleshooting for me?

Sometimes the data stored in your browser can interfere with a website's processes, causing issues like this. I'd like to try having you log out of your Wave account and clear your browser's cache then log back in to see if this resolves the problem. I recommend using Wave on Google Chrome as our software is best optimized for Chrome.

• ellisdesignellisdesign Member Posts: 1

Is there a function to have an estimate price range, instead of a single price? (example: $500 – $800)

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @ellisdesign , we don't currently support estimated price ranges I'm afraid, as each product/service is a single item, tied to a single price. That said, your ideas and feedback are always welcome, as our Development Team regularly looks through our Community forum when planning new features :smile:

• R_KellerR_Keller Member Posts: 2

The ability to do estimates on the mobile app is a feature that would be of great value to our team and make you product much more widely used. I have sales team members that need to provide estimates and then then turn them into invoices. If I set them up as a full user they have access to my entire account platform... not gona happen. You need a role for just sales team ... Estimates and Invoices both Mobile and Web based.

• F27EastF27East Member Posts: 1

is there a way to attach the estimate to the email, sending through Wave, as a PDF directly from the webpage, similar to how the invoices can be attached?