Integration issues with Capital One

Comments

• tshm001tshm001 Member Posts: 9

I solved my capital one (Savor) issue by disabling the integration and then enable it using the switch button.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @tshm001 ! Thanks so much for the update! Delighted to hear you solved your bank connection issue! :smile:

• rlinparlinpa Member Posts: 3

It has been more than a month, and I still can't connect my Capital One Business credit card to Wave. Capital One is not some small regional bank - they are one of the top 10 issuers of credit cards in the US. Please fix this!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@rlinpa Our data provider has communicated that they are still experiencing issues with Capital One credit cards at the moment. Once resolved, your connection should start working as expected. I should mention that in these particular cases it's always best to create/submit a support ticket to our team so we can escalate up to the data provider if needed. https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• garistongariston Member Posts: 3
    In my experience Capital One is the worst large bank when it comes to technology. I've been moving my accounts away from them because of that and will move away from Spark as well. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to integrate with their retarded systems.
  • KenyettaKenyetta Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    Any progress on connecting Capital One with Wave? I'm sick of BofA and their fees and am interested in utilizing my Cap One accounts. But upon trying to connect Wave with my user name and pw, I get the following error message:
    [Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center.]
    Help!
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Kenyetta . Capital One Credit cards is still being reported as down from our Data Aggregator. Until it is back up and working again, feel free to use Wave Connect to import your transactions.

Wave Connect: Easily import and export data with Wave's Google Sheets add-on

edited June 3, 2019
  • condeaccountingcondeaccounting Member Posts: 0

Has anyone here have issues with connecting their Capital One account through Wave? I have been attempting to link my credit card account but it has been giving me a hard time. Please advise

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@condeaccounting Thanks for reaching out! I have merged your original post into this ongoing discussion, so that you receive any updates as they happen!

Wave offers the bank connection feature through a third party data aggregator who are responsible for the health of the connections that Wave offer. I've just checked in with them in order to see if the issue persists and I can see that they are aware of the issue but do not have a firm timeline in terms of when it will be fully functional yet. In the meantime, your best bet will likely be to upload your statement or use Wave Connect to import the transactions. If you are looking for instructions on using Wave Connect, @AlexL has posted a helpful article above :)

• rattrick1rattrick1 Member Posts: 4

Last updated 1 month, 1 week ago.

This is crazy that this isn't an absolute fire drill to get this resolved. Over one month and my transactions haven't synced. And no, I have no time to load the transactions manually.

• ersighersigh Member Posts: 1
    I just switched all of my stuff over to Wave 2 months ago. I went through and organized all of the transactions for 2018 through September of this year. My Capital One connection works just fine to pull in most of the transactions. The credit card stuff only pulled through part of last year But all of my other capital One accounts pulled just fine.

For the last month it has no longer worked. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting based on other threads that I saw for connectivity issues not specific to capital One.

Today I decided to actually look up capital One and here I see it has been an ongoing issue since last year.

When I set up the connect to capital One it would have been really nice if there had been a heads-up message saying that there are ongoing technical issues so the import might not be consistent or it might stop working.

I am pretty perturbed that I have put countless hours into redoing my books from one app to another (The other app did not let me export anything in the useful way so I decided to just start fresh) only to find out that things aren't going to work as conveniently as I was expecting. I really would have liked to have been able to make an educated decision before I put those hours in.

None of my Capital One accounts let me export transactions in CSV or other useful formats so I can't manually import. I am assuming this lack of functionality is because I'm using Capital One 360 instead of their other stuff. But there is no way that I am going to manually input every single transaction until this is fixed especially considering the problem has been ongoing for what looks like at least a year now.

So maybe you guys could save someone else the time and effort I've expended by adding a heads up in the bank connection area. It's not reasonable to expect users to go researching functionality problems before they actually run into them.
  • GaelleGaelle Member Posts: 2

I'm still amazed that capital One automatic import still doesnt work. I know it's the third party integration provider but maybe after a year it's time to switch to someone else as they don't seem to fix the issue. I know if this doesn't get fixed, I will switch from Wave to another software... Really, I know the support asks to import manually but that's not what we went to waveapps for... In 2019, asking to import manually is kind of a joke, especially for an online bank.

edited September 27, 2019
  • StashaStasha Member Posts: 1

Ok, I was wondering how long this has been going on. It's really frustrating, and I was debating changing software because of it. Is there no response from Wave other than do it manually?

• RyanZenLamaRyanZenLama Member Posts: 5

@ersigh said:

None of my Capital One accounts let me export transactions in CSV or other useful formats so I can't manually import. I am assuming this lack of functionality is because I'm using Capital One 360 instead of their other stuff. But there is no way that I am going to manually input every single transaction until this is fixed especially considering the problem has been ongoing for what looks like at least a year now.

You should be able to download CSV from Cap one just did that few minutes ago.
    Still sucks that Wave hasn't fixed this connection issue.

When will companies start implementing user requirements form Real user as features faster vs what they "internal team meetings" come up with? :pensive:

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there folks @studley1728 @RyanZenLama @Stasha

Our sincerest apologies about this issue. I've posted about this in a previous bank connection outage. Let me reiterate what's happening behind closed doors to give you a better understanding here.

So typically what happens is that a bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up. Capital one has made some major security updates to their system and we are in the midst of working with our third party data aggregator hoping to get this connected established once again.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that our team is working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.

As @studley1728 has mentioned we are at the mercy of both the Bank, and the data aggregator, with no real timelines of when this kind of connection gets fixed. We understand it's quite frustrating and appreciate you reaching out about this issue while we continue to look into the issue.

@BarsinA I hope you guys are asking your data aggregator every 4 hours if this is done yet. This is a major black eye on an otherwise great product that I've enjoyed up until now.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the continued feedback, everyone. At present, we do not have any further updates with regards to the connection between Capital One and our third party data aggregator. The patience you've all shown with regards to this matter is fantastic, and we do appreciate it. Please rest assured that when we know more, you will know more, by means of posting in this thread, or otherwise.

Build your own API integration with capital one and use the third party for the rest. Problem solved.
    Then slowly build out all of the other integrations and you won't need to rely on a third party.

My capital one integration is still syncing. I setup the integration a while ago but it broke in April. Then I had to keep playing with it like turning it off and on with the toggle and trying different things to get it to pull. However eventually it started working and it has been stable ever since.

@studley1728 said:
    I'm honestly mind-blown that this hasn't been resolved yet, nor has any kind of timeline been shared about when we could expect a fix. I have no idea how you could possible do this to your customers.

I completely agree, coming up on end of year I've got about 2 weeks to get my books in order or I'm ditching Wave for someone else forever. I can't not have my credit card transactions accounted for.

No more excuses, use that H&R Block money and write your own damn integration.

Hi @studley1728 As we ourselves don't have an ETA, we don't have a timeline to share with our users. I can confidently say we're working on getting it fixed, but because this is run through a data aggregator, there's only so much that Wave can do to fix it.

Hey @rattrick1 . As mentioned previously, there are other ways to get your transactions into your account in the interim. Try using our Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect.

edited October 28, 2019
  • cwccwc Member Posts: 1
    I actually changed to Chase because of this which is a major bummer. Cap One for business (for me) was WAY better. Now I'm sadly thinking of going to invoice to go for integration. Hell I'd even pay for wave if it worked with my bank of choice. Chase sucks for my business. Hope it's fixed by 2020 so I can switch back to capital one!

Guys I could probably write this integration in under 4 days: https://developer.capitalone.com/products/customer-transactions.

Obviously your dev team could build this entire massive product. You're telling me they can't pull 7 fields from an API?

I'm confused.

• Vanessa_SVanessa_S Member Posts: 1

So, given this long-running issue with Capital One, I've been looking (sadly) for an alternative to Wave. Before I made the jump, though, I decided to give it one last shot. I re-entered my Cap One credentials a few minutes ago, and I'm happy to report that all is well. I don't know when this was fixed, but I'm glad it was.

Hi everyone. I'm afraid we still don't have any updates from our Data Aggregator on the connection.

• 702ArtsDigital702ArtsDigital Member Posts: 1

Could you elaborate on how you solved this? Your description is a bit cryptic. If you could share a step by step that would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Me waiting on Capital One to work.

• Wes_TopHomesWes_TopHomes Member Posts: 2

When is this going to be fixed? Capital one says that their security standards have improved and wave has not caught up to the security standards required.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Wes_TopHomes

We are currently moving to a different data aggregator with more reliable transaction pulling, as well as improved security and even still this connection is down on our new platform. Our data aggregator both old and new are unable to accommodate the changes at this time and we're really asking our Cap One ands PNC users to continue reaching out to their bank and ask for this connection to be reinstated.

Again our apologies you're being affected by this outage, however both institutions are not able to accommodate it seems and we're left in the middle.

• glozmunroglozmunro Member Posts: 1

I will be unable to use the platform until this issue with CapitalOne is resolved. Hoping for an update soon!

This discussion has been closed.