Integration issues with Capital One

Comments

• MFAMFA Member Posts: 1

I know you guys are doing your best, but this is insane. I can't reconcile the end of year due to this issue. I understand that other providers like QuickBooks is having the same issue. Capital One is the loser. I am switching to American Express.

• NewusertestNewusertest Member Posts: 1

Mint and Quickbooks can both sync to my capital one accounts, so clearly Intuit has figured out a solution and this is a uniquely Wave issue. Very frustrating as I was looking forward to transferring my business from Quickbooks, but guess I can't

• maximo200maximo200 Member Posts: 1

I'm evaluating using Wave but not accessing Capital One is a huge issue for me. Do we have a timeline for a fix?

• SBANASBANA Member Posts: 1
    Our Customers are unable to pay invoices via bank payment because of this Capital One issue.

Capital One told one of our customers that Wave’s connect wasn’t up to date/secure which is why it’s being blocked.
  • LaurenMLaurenM Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

I was told this by CapOne, but it's not factual. An internet search found for me that CapOne made a contract with Quickbooks/Quicken for uploading privileges

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @maximo200 , no timeline although we are working to get this resolved.

Hey @SBANA . Your customers can input their banking information manually instead of logging in to their bank account. If they enter information like "000" into the bank search bar, it won't be able to retrieve a bank based on the information provided and it will prompt your customer for their manual banking information to pay the invoice.

• sanjeevjsanjeevj Member Posts: 24

I was migrated to the new data provider recently and Capital One integration broke. What's the ETA for it to be fixed again?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @sanjeevnuts . We're working on a fix with our data aggregator but there's no firm ETA at the moment.

• PMeyerPMeyer Member Posts: 1

I've been looking into accounting software options for our rental business and tried a couple of trials and what I found was that Quickbooks and Xero seem to be fine. Wave and Hurdlr are broken. I have not tried any others.

• gegangegan Member Posts: 1

I attempted to call Capital One via their 1-800 as instructed when the connection failed. It was a massive failure. The customer service rep had no idea where to reference this "request" and then transferred me to the other side of the globe for a walkie-talkie conversation, 1/2 second delay. The "Tier 2" "Digital Department" Capital One rep had no idea whatsoever how to notate this request and claimed that "3rd party apps are not their responsibility." I tried to make a "suggestion" but the rep mentioned there was no official way to "request" anything.

The campaign is better off using the TWITTER solution to notify Capital One.

edited January 9, 2020
  • StevenvalStevenval Member Posts: 1

concerning for me I just opened a capital one account to use with wave and now that I am trying to link my account I come to the understanding that wave and capital one have issues. I too spoke with a rep from capital one and they told me that the issue was coming from wave for not being up to date with their "requirements" I don't know. Anyways I need this up and running soon any clue how long it'll take? if not im sorry I will have to take my business elsewhere.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @PMeyer

Essentially the data aggregator that we use has made numerous security updates, but since Capital One had a breach or a scare of one, they've updated their security to a degree that our third party data aggregator is not able to match at this time. Any comments on Quickbook's or Xero's data aggregation I cannot make as I am unfamiliar with it.

@gegan

Yes yes and YES. We have been directing our frustrated CapOne users to mention them on Twitter or Facebook. They typically respond with something along the lines of "our data aggregator is not secure enough" etc etc. But it's still worth notifying them.

@Stevenval

My apologies but we don't have any insight as to when or if this will be resolved :(
    As always, feel free to check out our Wave Connect add on or our CSV uploader

• bpeters10bpeters10 Member Posts: 2

So by making the integration "better" - you've broken the ability to connect to Capital One altogether. No ETA and the recourse is to use a CSV uploader?

• bpeters10bpeters10 Member Posts: 2

Also, what about credit card transactions with Capital One - are they not going to update now?

• HigherComfortHigherComfort Member Posts: 2

I echo bpeters10 post: "So by making the integration "better" - you've broken the ability to connect to Capital One altogether."

My Capital One Business account integrations (credit card and savings account) worked absolutely fine for multiple years up until the mandatory account re-connection after Wave "upgraded" their integration. This is not an "upgrade", this is a disaster. To point the finger at Capital One and suggest wasting my time contacting them as a single consumer to request they consider adding integration capabilities for Wave is somewhat insulting. Wave was either oblivious that their integration provider change would eliminate integration with a major bank, or did know and chose to make the change without so much as warning their customers in advance. Not a good look either way. Some in this thread are reporting that other major accounting software platforms are NOT having this integration issue with Capital One. If true, the comments from Wave in this thread are confusing at best and intentionally misleading at worst.

We will unfortunately be forced to switch to another accounting software provider if this issue is not resolved quickly, or at minimum a reasonable short-term work-around provided. We have loved using and supporting Wave these past 3+ years. This blunder, intentional or unintentional, makes me wonder if the thing that made Wave succeed and grow these last few years, being a customer-centric small business accounting platform, is on it's way to being a thing of the past now that Wave has been acquired by H&R Block. I for one hope not.

• AggaireAggaire Member Posts: 1

This Capitol One issue is a new one for me due to the switch to the new data provider. If the connection can't be made soon, I'll have to switch to another accounting software.

• CoreyCorey Member Posts: 1

I was just migrated to the new bank connection system today and find out that it no longer supports my Capital One account. So I contacted Capital One and they say WAVE doesn't meet the security requirements? Then I find this thread and the problem has been ongoing since at least May of LAST YEAR. It's immoral to blame, and continue to blame, Capital One for this issue. Accidents happen. Accept responsibility.

Why would you continue to roll out these changes without notifying customers of the known problems they would face? Your chat system says live staffing is available, but there is no way to get to a live person? Just the robo chat over, and over. So I put in a ticket and, instead, I am dumped to this page. I don't valued as a WAVE customer.

I am tired of companies saying "After great demand we have updated our system to improve blah, blah, blah but the improvement wasn't requested by customers (I made no requests and know nobody who did), indeed, the update broke an essential feature for me and many others. I've been with WAVE about 7 years. It seems WAVE simply keeps upgrading their software whether it needs to be upgraded or not. After a recent overhaul of their UI I had to relearn how to use the system. Very frustrating.

I've referred dozens of clients to use WAVE software over the years. At this point though I am beginning to realize that you get what you pay for with WAVE. Life lesson here: When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time.

I am saddened by the thought of moving to a new accounting software. This is because I will have to start over again and also because I really liked WAVE. But my business must have dependable partners. My business has strived on strong relationships to be successful. I don't feel I have had that with WAVE for some time now.
    Corey- Founder, Golden Gate Organics

• pfcalebpfcaleb Member Posts: 1

Capital One has been touch and go with me, but honestly they're the easiest and lowest cost checking accounts to open. It makes running my businesses much simpler, but WaveApps is complicating it all. Like the other comments said, this is not a Capital One issue,...please fix this!

• sabatinomopedsabatinomoped Member Posts: 1

Hoping this is solved soon.

• JMSSJMSS Member Posts: 2

Come on Wave Apps. Security should be one of your top priorities. Stop blaming Capital One. Fix YOUR issues; other accounting software connections are up to snuff. Looks like I am finally done with your half-assed efforts.

• LouisdeGLouisdeG Member Posts: 1

Wave suggested it was capital ones problem- capital one says its wave's aggregator .
    Why put me through an half hour of hold with some english-as-a second-language CapOne rep so I can be advised its not their problem?
    This worked up until a few days ago - not very well -but it dd work. I complained and Wave said they were working on it.
    Now wave doesn't even have their useful little dashboard page - just an excuse.
    Ever hear of Beta testing before your roll -out?

• sanjeevjsanjeevj Member Posts: 24

Does your excuse make any sense when many other apps are able to connect to Capital One successfully?

It's not Capital One's "upgrade" that broke the integration
    It's your "downgrade" to a buggy integration service provider that has broken it.
    Stop blaming the integration provider. OMG guys haven't you heard of Change Management? You don't move anything to Production till you have QA/DEV sign-off on the Change.

Why are you giving excuses for your content provider?
    It's time to own the issue and fix the mess. Just ask the other apps how they are doing it if your developers are not up to snuff.

edited January 17, 2020
  • CliftonClifton Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Capital one is not the problem. This a wave problem and their new and helpless bank integrator problem. Why choose any service that does not connect to all 25 of the top 25 financial institutions? Ignorance? I don't think so. Stupid.
  • ChiefChiefChiefChief Member Posts: 1

Wave switched integrators from Yodlee to Plaid. Not sure why they did that since Yodlee works with Capital One, but Plaid does not. This was not a wise decision. Hopefully Wave can go back to using Yodlee. If not, I will have to jump ship as I have several businesses and use Capital One cards with most. I just tried Cheqbook and it is importing Capital One just fine. They use Yodlee.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi there, thank you everyone for reaching out to voice your feedback on this. I understand Bank Connections are an important part of your business so I'm sorry you are being impacted by this issue. We do not have any further updates about the Capital One connection at this time.

The reason connections are not working for Capital One currently is because we have changed our bank data provider. The decision to switch to a new data provider came about because of the demonstrated increased connection stability, transaction update frequency, and generally wider bank coverage with the update. While we realize the new data provider currently does not support a Capital One connection, we can confirm they are currently in ongoing conversations to try and get a connection established.

In the meantime we can continue to suggest using Wave Connect or our CSV uploader to import your data manually.

• r3lair3lai Member Posts: 2

Look @EmmaP and the rest of the team at Wave: Let's dispense with the corporate speak.

You were forced to switch data providers. You failed to do you due diligence and now a great number of your users are adversely affected. It's not a showstopper by any means, but Capital One being a huge bank and have a large client base, this should have been on your mind prior to the switchover, and the top of your priority now. If it's not a severity 1 issue, it's definitely severity 2. Literally people cannot use the platform you've built.

I'm one of those affected. I'm not happy with the situation nor your positioning. Capital One didn't make any changes. It only broke AFTER you switched to the new data aggregator. Your team has admitted as much. Take responsibility, and stop making your clients do your legwork to make your own product work.

I don't understand why you switched to a new data aggregator fully knowing a portion of your clients will be completely blocked from using your platform. Wasn't there a bridge solution where you can use your existing data aggregator for some accounts? The fact that you did a rolling rollout of your new aggregator shows that a progressive transition plan was possible, but you simply decided it wasn't worth your time.

Just own it. Tell your clients you screwed up, and stop blaming others. If you have no plans on supporting Capital One, just say so so we can find an alternative.

I've started looking around. I suggest others do so until Wave can be honest about how they plan to support their users.

• BrockBrock Member Posts: 1

Wow, and I even tweeted your little pre-made tweet to Cap1. Shame on you guys. I'm switching to Xero.

• jennyejennye Member Posts: 1

Any ideas on when Capital One Sync connections will work again?

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@jennye I moved your comment over to our discussion about Capital One. Our data aggregator is still experiencing issues with Capital One. The conversations between them and Capital One are still ongoing but at this time, we don't have an ETA for a resolution.

We recommend using our CSV uploader and our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect to do direct bulk uploads at this time.

This discussion has been closed.