How to export receipts

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to export receipts

To export receipts

Select the Settings menu on the bottom left and click Export under Other.

On the Export Your Data page, click Export your receipts

In a few moments you'll will receive an ema...

Read the full story here

edited December 6, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• vandenburg_Kineticorvandenburg_Kineticor Member Posts: 1

I need to submit specific expenses with receipt images to a client. I went through the settings-other-export path and I did receive an e-mail with a zipfile link, but the link brought me to a completely blank webpage only. Also, again, I need to be able to select the receipts for the report/invoice.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@vandenburg_Kineticor The Email link should actually initiate a download of the export to your documents. Are you able to first check your downloads and see if you actually had inadvertently downloaded the file? If not, can you try to access the email through and incognito window and attempt to click the link?

• ltrethewltrethew Member Posts: 1

I agree with JCove and a few other posters here: MAKE THE RECEIPT DOWNLOAD CUSTOMIZABLE so we can select which receipts we need to download and bundle together. It's obvious that this is needed by more users.

• FSHFSH Member Posts: 1

DEFINITELY need to be able to select receipts to export. I'd like by date (so can do monthly or quarterly).
    Otherwise it wont be long before the zip file is completely unweildy... and unnecessarily HUGE.

• jordy2381____jordy2381____ Member Posts: 1

I would like to be able to sort my recipts on wave either by date or vendor

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@FSH @jordy2381____ @ltrethew Appreciate the feedback and insight that you've given us here regarding exporting receipts. While we are working away at a number of feature for 2019, this is something that I can bring to the attention to our product team to see if it could be in the works in for a future roadmap.

• dilksddilksd Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to link specific expense receipts to an invoice so they can be provided as part of the invoice to the customer (as an itemized set of expenses that are part of the requested payment)? How can this be accomplished now, or can this be an added feature?

• dilksddilksd Member Posts: 2
    @Katie_Silkina thanks for the reply. In my case I have an LLC and do a lot of consulting to a specific company. Some expenses for me are general office expenses and I pay them from the LLC. There are other expenses (travel for instance) that are directly related to the company I consult to, and in fact they reimburse me for these expenses that are specific to them. The ability to scan and manage those receipts and ALSO have ability to bring them into a monthly consulting invoice as a line item would be fantastic. For now I need to create those expense lines on the invoice from scratch, and separately and manually attach relevant receipts as a separate email thainks to the invoice. This would be a HUGE improvement roads this functionality I’m suggesting, IMO. Would make Wave and my LLC both more functional and streamlined.

Thanks.
  • JoanaJoana Member Posts: 5

Hi there,

This export in bulk is fantastic indeed. it would be even better to have Customizable at least date wise. Is that in your roadmap? Any ETA for that to happen?

Thank you.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Joana not to my knowledge, although this is a great idea!

• branrambranram Member Posts: 1

Is there no way to export a spreadsheet of the receipt data? Date, vendor, amount, etc.? This is completely impossible to use for taxes. It requires manual entry twice. It would be great if we could get this information to download in a format we can easily upload for tax purposes... I said this two years ago and no change... I think I'm going to have to use a different service to manage this going forward. Bummer.

edited April 16, 2019
  • James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @branram, there's still no way to perform this exact export, but depending on the amount of transactions that you have imported from receipts vs. other upload methods, there may be a way to work around this.

If the majority of your expense transactions are attached to a receipt, then you can run an "Account Transactions" report in the "Reports" page for a specific bank account, and edit the resulting file to exclude any non-receipt transactions. Cross referencing the report against the receipts page in Wave would give you an idea of which receipts belong on the resulting spreadsheet, and which receipts do not.

• AlijcAlijc Member Posts: 9

I have recently started using Wave, have uploaded my receipts for the first quarter and now wondering why I did this as it serves no purpose - I cannot download an excel report of receipts!
    Surely this should be a simple thing to fix? James, I have tried your solution above, but it would take me hours to filter everything out. I am best just starting a spreadsheet of my own and manually inputting them.
    Please can you resolve this?
    Thanks

@Alijc While there's no report specifically for the receipts you've uploaded into Wave you can still export the Receipts in a zip file that contains the raw CSV data. This should allow you to input the information into a spreadsheet in order to track them outside of Wave if this is something you are looking to do. This feature is something that we could implement in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so for the time being.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Can you direct me to exactly where I can find this file as I cannot find a way to download the raw data for receipts - I can find invoices, payments etc but not receipts. Thanks.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@Alijc sure thing. In the menu on your left, click Settings, then scroll down to Data Export on the next page. You'll be able to choose what data you want to export, including all the receipts you've uploaded. :smile:

I have exported that, but I cannot find receipts report - there is accounting, customers, vendors, payments, invoice items, bill items, but no receipt report. Can you direct me where the receipts report is? Thanks

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Alijc . The Receipts export is separate from the Accounting export and it sounds like you accidentally exported the Accounting one. Take a look at the screenshot below for the different options.

Thanks for your response, but that is not what I am trying to find! The receipts export downloads actual pdfs of the receipts - I am looking for an excel spreadsheet with all the receipt details in. Can you help?
    Thanks

@Alijc When the receipts are processed they generate a transaction. This is the data that I was talking about in terms of the receipt data (it would show date, categorization, description, amount, etc). This would be found under the transactions section for the CSV -- you would just need to look for the date that the receipt was uploaded. Other than that, I'm afraid there isn't anything more specific in terms of generating a report for receipts.

• SimonereevesSimonereeves Member Posts: 9

I want to be able to output SELECTED RECEIPTS as ONE single PDF that I can attach to an invoice. Not all receipts. Just selected ones, such as I can attach them to an invoice for reimbursement from a client. They need the copies. Even better would be if you could pull receipt entries through to invoices...

• TanyaBadenhorstTanyaBadenhorst Member Posts: 1

PLEASE add a filter to export invoice images (PDF file) so we can do this monthly and annually for tax purposes. At the moment there is no way to filter receipts.

edited May 23, 2019
  • TylerKTylerK Member Posts: 94 admin

@Simonereeves @TanyaBadenhorst Great insight here on how to make the export feature. As of right now it is one big file which wouldn't be super helpful for what you are both trying to accomplish.

You could potentially invite someone to join your Wave account to see the receipts in there however you may not want them to access other information.

As a workaround to the current configuration, you could head to PURCHASES > Receipts and view the uploads there to save/export the images but I am sure this is a bit more manual than you'd like.

• SimonereevesSimonereeves Member Posts: 9
    Indeed, one big file of all receipts ever and giving access aren’t solutions that will work for me.
    Purchases > receipts will let me select only the ones I need to export?
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Simonereeves . Yep! You could go into Purchases > Receipts, select the specific receipts and save the images, although as Tyler mentioned, this is definitely a more manual way of accessing the info.

• ztfpoaztfpoa Member Posts: 2
    This would be a much more beneficial feature if you could first filter the receipts before exporting them. For example, all receipts for a certain month, or from a certain account for the purpose of printing a report.
  • atshannon1atshannon1 Member Posts: 10
    Might want to define if you mean settings in the app or online - I was looking in the app at first
  • CC_84CC_84 Member Posts: 1

Hello, is there an update on being able to set a date range for the receipt export? I can't see the purpose of exporting ALL of the receipts at once. Thanks!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @CC_84

At this time we do not have an option to export receipts by date. Like any tech company, our team is prioritizing a list of feature requests to make Wave a better experience, and at the moment, to be completely honest this isn't on the horizon. We appreciate the feedback and feature request and hope you understand our workflow as we get through a long list of priorities to make our program suit everyone.

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hey @CC_84 , thank you for your interest in Wave's receipts feature. I'm afraid that there are no updates on being able to set a date range for the receipt export. Here are some tips that you may find helpful in managing your receipts:

1. As @Tyler mentioned above, all of your Receipt images can be found under Purchases > Receipts. By clicking the individual receipt(s), you are presented with a "View original receipt" button. Pressing this button will bring you to a full sized image of the receipt that you can download.

2. When exported, the individual receipt images have names that begin with yyyy-mm-dd. If you sort the files in the exported receipts folder by name, the images will arrange themselves by date.

We really appreciate your insight on how specific features can be game changers in Wave! Knowing things such as how often you'd use it, how much time you think it'd save you on a monthly basis and your current method of handling this type of thing would be super useful. Our Product Team is always looking for ways to make Wave better.