Options

How do I pass credit card fees onto my customer?

124»

Comments

• Options
    biancorpbiancorp Member Posts: 2

Are there any plans or chance of this becoming more of an “automated” back-end automated process to adding these fees based on the method of payment the client has chosen?

Even if not, I like the idea of at least for large transactions. On the other hand, I think customers appreciate the convenience of letting them charge a card.

I like to let them know that the convenience fee option IS available for us, we don't implement it yet. They also like that it seems.

• Options
    PatGPatG Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Test message, What the heck is going on? I can post new messages but not the message I want to post.

edited July 11, 2021
  • Options
    PatGPatG Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Wave Team & Dev team, we desperately need a solutions to this!!!!

What is Wave doing? I think the management team and dev team are snoozing over there. I really wish this platform was open source because I would have implemented this fix a long time ago.

How it needs to be done:

• Give the customer the option to pay by cash, check, credit card, or ACH.
    • When the customer clicks on "Cash or Check" no processing fee is added to the total.
    • When the customer clicks on "Visa, Discover, or Mastercard", 2.9% + $0.30 is applied to the total.
    • When the customer clicks on "American Express", 3.4% + $0.30 is applied to the total.
    • When the customer clicks on "ACH" payment, apply 1% to the total.

The new total is then updated on our backend so the invoice now tells me that it has been paid by XYZ payment type and XYZ percentage has been applied.

Optionally you could add a section to let us (your customers :neutral:) add in a Surcharge or Convenience Fee. I'm assuming you'd have to hire someone to make sure limits are imposed and Credit Card regulations are followed. Example: Don't allow the system to add more than a 4% surcharge, etc.

FYI wakeup call, ZenDesk - Invoice ASAP already does this:

https://invoiceasap.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034723472-How-to-Pass-Credit-Card-Processing-and-Bank-Transfer-Fees-to-Your-Customer

========================================================
    PS: This forum needs to ease the restrictions on their spam filter. I've tried posting this message multiples times only to come back and find it deleted.

• Options
    BradeyBBradeyB Member Posts: 3

Wave Team & Dev team, we desperately need a solutions to this!!!!

What is Wave doing? I think the management team and dev team are snoozing over there. I really wish this platform was open source because I would have implemented this fix a long time ago.

How it needs to be done:

Give the customer the option to pay by cash, check, credit card, or ACH.
    When the customer clicks on "Cash or Check" no processing fee is added to the total.
    When the customer clicks on "Visa, Discover, or Mastercard", 2.9% + $0.30 is applied to the total.
    When the customer clicks on "American Express", 3.4% + $0.30 is applied to the total.
    When the customer clicks on "ACH" payment, apply 1% to the total.
    The new total is then updated on our backend so the invoice now tells me that it has been paid by XYZ payment type and XYZ percentage has been applied.

Optionally you could add a section to let us (your customers :neutral:) add in a Surcharge or Convenience Fee. I'm assuming you'd have to hire someone to make sure limits are imposed and Credit Card regulations are followed. Example: Don't allow the system to add more than a 4% surcharge, etc.

FYI wakeup call, ZenDesk - Invoice ASAP already does this:

https://invoiceasap.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034723472-How-to-Pass-Credit-Card-Processing-and-Bank-Transfer-Fees-to-Your-Customer

• Options
    BradeyBBradeyB Member Posts: 3

Took another user's post below and re-posted it. It is spot on.

• Options
    RobC2RobC2 Member Posts: 1

Amen re. BradeyB & PatG

• Options
    hgrimberghgrimberg Member Posts: 9

I will not turn on accepting bank and credit card payments until you implement the ability to DYNAMICALLY add the fee onto the invoice total. This HAS to be a feature you need to develop!

• Options
    hgrimberghgrimberg Member Posts: 9

If you don't implement the ability to DYNAMICALLY add the fee onto the invoice total, we will all switch to InvoiceASAP.

• Options
    Darin_SmallBusOwnerDarin_SmallBusOwner Member Posts: 1

The article is helpful. I do not know if a customer is going to pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or bank payment so I cannot automatically add a service/convenience fee of 3%. It is not fair to a client who pays by check or bank payment and not fair to me if they pay by American Express. I know this can be easily added by WAVE when the person starts the payment process. Please add this feature.

• Options
    jbwhongjbwhong Member Posts: 1

Bumping this thread. We need the ability to dynamically add credit card fees. (If you add this, let us choose which fees to dynamically add).