Options

How to split a transaction

1235»

Comments

• Options
    vronpvronp Member Posts: 8

This is nice but it falls short when the split transaction needs to include an expense. My example is a classic for people with rental properties. In a typical month I may receive a $1400 check from my property management company. The tenant paid $1500 but the rental management company keeps a $100 per month management fee. This is simple and it's a very common situation. Why can't Wave handle this properly like Quickbooks?

• Options
    kgoldkgold Member Posts: 2

When I pay a credit card bill, I split the transaction to reflect each individual expense. I would like to note each split transaction for reference, is that possible?

• Options
    Charlene001Charlene001 Member Posts: 1

I'm trying to account for an invoice that was paid through PayPal with a transaction fee deducted. I followed the instructions for splitting a transaction but I'm not sure if I need to mark it as paid first. When I mark it as paid, the option to split the transaction is greyed out. When I remove the payment and go back to accounting, I am unable to find the invoice.

• Options
    wybertowyberto Member Posts: 1

When I split an expense, is there a way to enter a description for each split? This is handy to see at a glance what it was I purchased within that expense. Thanks!